JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Amid Pandemic, Brothers and Sisters in Rwanda and Zimbabwe Receive Food Supplies

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1395 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, these two experiences are lovely

I One brother related his experience regarding the day he was told that relief supplies were available for his family. He explained: “On that day, my wife fainted because of a lack of food. Unexpectedly, I received a phone call from a brother telling me about the arrangement to collect food for my family. It was beyond my comprehension. I spent the whole night giving thanks to Jehovah.”

(After having picked up my bag of food from our community fridge, where they pass on free food that otherwise would have been thrown away, I too am so grateful to Jehovah thanking him for his provisions even though I'm not at all in such dire straights as these brothers and sisters, but it touched me so.

So cross about the pastor in the next one )

One married couple who is studying the Bible and regularly join congregation meetings was in need of food. They were deeply moved when they received a food delivery from the brother who studies with them. The day before the food delivery, the pastor of their former church contacted them. The pastor requested donations so that he and his wife could buy groceries. Seeing the stark contrast between Jehovah’s Witnesses and the pastor, the couple decided to officially resign from the church.

No doubt, Jehovah will continue to bless this relief ministry, ensuring that our brothers and sisters in Rwanda and Zimbabwe receive what they need.—Acts 11:29.

Edited by humblebumblebee