JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Meeting timer MAC

Hello everyone, I do not know if the subject has ever been analyzed, timer for meetings.
I in our room, we use intempo, a program that manages the individual parts, I was able to make it work even on the network, so that the brothers from phones or computers can view the time.
But I was wondering what do you use for zoom meetings?
Especially with the MAC.
Because the program I told you above works only for windows and I was looking for an alternative.
P.S. sorry for my english but i am using google.
Thanks in advance

intempo.jpg

i use OnlyT for our meetings.

i also have it set up so the brothers with items can view it in a web browser.

it works great for us.

i dont know if thats any use to you though because i use a windows machine and i dont know if it works on MAC either natively or with an emulator.

i cant find a MAC version but others will be better qualified to answer that.

Kevin

• 2 months later...
On 9/30/2020 at 9:16 PM, Manwithnoname said:

i use OnlyT for our meetings.

i also have it set up so the brothers with items can view it in a web browser.

it works great for us.

i dont know if thats any use to you though because i use a windows machine and i dont know if it works on MAC either natively or with an emulator.

i cant find a MAC version but others will be better qualified to answer that.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

we are trying to set up the OnlyT Software. the web clock is accessible only if you are on the same net, how we can setup it so the brother can wiew the web clock on their smartphones at their home?

Thanks in advance

You have to open a port on the router you use to broadcast, and then you can use a free no-ip ddns site, so that the brothers can use the program.
in other words, on the site, no-ip after the free registration, you register an address and colleagues IP of your router, and it does the rest.
the brothers will write the address on the internet and see the timer

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2020 at 3:12 PM, Floyd said:

Do that many brothers have trouble with their timing? They all have clocks on their own computers, phones, and tablets.

That's true Floyd, that ideally the brothers would look after there own timing.

But when our K.Hall had its last refurb a timing screen and software was fitted as part of the sound package and I think the brothers have got used to it, especially the newer ones who have always had a timing screen to look at.

Certainly I know that when we stopped meeting in the hall and started using zoom our talk timings went dramatically downhill until I set up the remote timing system.

And now I think about it we even use the same system at assembly's and conventions, so even experienced brothers can benefit from it. 🙂

On 12/4/2020 at 5:30 PM, Pastore72 said:

You have to open a port on the router you use to broadcast, and then you can use a free no-ip ddns site, so that the brothers can use the program.
in other words, on the site, no-ip after the free registration, you register an address and colleagues IP of your router, and it does the rest.
the brothers will write the address on the internet and see the timer

This is exactly what we did.

- Set the web port on only-T.

- Open that port on my Router, and also set the router to update no-ip with my network address.

- Set up no-ip to look at that port.

( I also pay for yearly no-ip service as I also use it for LDC site CCTV monitoring and saves having to log back in each month to keep the service active.)

- Then give the brothers the no-ip address that points to the only-T port on the computer.

For example mine is:

http://avservices.hopto.org:8096/index