JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

"Grown" kids

When I was six or eight I thought talking back to adults was being grown (still is today). Not only is kids talking back but they are telling their own parents what to do and their parents let them. Kids do anything they want to do. This boy said that he caught a bunch of middle-schoolers in the hallway kissing and they didn't care if he saw them. I hate to hear what these kids are like when their grown.

You better believe kids talk back today! If my kids ever talked back to me I would remind them that I was their mother who loved them and didn't deserve this kind of lip from them. I deserved their respect and honor. Almost always they backed down because they knew it was true. :ecstatic: I always spoke honestly to them and expected the same in return. Years later, when they had grown up, they admitted some of the things they had done without my knowledge. Too late then to correct them. But, the world mistreats kids if their parents do not know things.

Here is an example. If a child grows up thinking they are a prince or princess - the world knocks them around to show them otherwise. They learn they are not the center of the universe! Yet today things are SO off kilter. Kids believe they are entitled. It is all part of the 'no natural affection and disobedient to parents' part of the fulfillment. I remember when I found the commercial "Let go of my Eggo!" offensive. Little kids smart-mouthing back to their 'idiot parents.' And TV shows that show how smart the children are and make the adults look stupid. Yeah, those kids surely know how to solve the worlds problems much better than adults! NOT! :wheelchair: