JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Top 10 magazines

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1170 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

2. Awake!

Awake.jpg

The world’s second most circulated magazine is a religious magazine, Awake. It is the competitor of The Watchtower in our list which belongs to the same genre. It has the honor to be published in 100 languages. Almost 44.5 million people read it on monthly basis. Last year, it completed 100 years of its publication. It is among most loved magazines of Christians.

1. The Watchtower (Public Edition)

The-Watchtower-Public-Edition.jpg

You will be amazed to hear that world’s most popular magazine is a top rated religious magazine. It is one of the oldest magazines published in United States and circulated all over the world. This magazine has been translated in more than 200 languages. More than 50 million copies are distribute in major countries of the world where Bible is read. This magazine is published by a reputable agency Jehovah’s Witnesses. The Watchtower, world’s most circulated magazine, can also be read online but readers love to read pages which makes it world’s most read Christian magazine in the year of 2020.

Top 10 religious magazines 

2. Awake

Awake is the companion of The Watchtower as it has the same publisher but it seems competitor in our list of most read Christian magazines. It is circulated in 221 major languages with the total circulation quite near to world’s most popular magazine. Awake is a quarterly magazine issued from United States to spread peace among the people.

1. The Watchtower

The-Watchtower.jpg

The Watchtower is not just the most read Christian magazine, it is world’s most circulated magazine in the world. Its total circulation is 93 million. This magazine is available in 369 languages. Jehovah’s Witnesses publishes two editions of this magazine i.e. Public and Study edition. Public edition of The Watchtower has limited number of pages but it is more popular than study edition. It is thought to be the best religious magazine of the world.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought you meant which of our Watchtowers and Awakes over the years were most significant to you - in your own top 10.

If that was the case I would have said some of the special issues we had in 1970s. One that I remember causing a stir in the science community was a detailed special issue about the faults of Carbon-14 dating that had been dating archaeological discoveries, especially many Biblical finds, as thousands of years earlier than they should have been. Jericho finds were dated to over 10,000 years too old. The article was very good explaining why such errors were occurring and was very useful when we had so much critical documentaries about the Bible on TV at the time.

Another later magazine also had a good explanation of the faults of 'geological dating' of finds by pseudo-sedimentary layers around the finds - -as if everything just sits on the ground when it dies and dirt just builds up over it neatly in easily dated layers - which it doesn't, so things were dated millions of years old that likely weren't.

There was also another special magazine  in the 1970s about the United Nations and how they had clauses in their laws in place that could affect religious freedoms in the future - tying it to what they could use when Babylon the Great is brought down.

I placed a hoard of special Awakes at school that were featuring the American Bi-Centennial in 1970s as it was a big topic for study/projects/essays at many schools even in the UK at the time. I left a few copies a day, each week in my locker and lidded desk at school too. This was because the classroom you started the day in was not the room you spent the day in. After initial registration, you went to different rooms for different subjects throughout the day, Other people would come into your first classroom for Mathematics or English Literature classes, so theft by other students using the room where your desk or locker was, was so common at school, I was guaranteed to get them taken, which was exactly what happened. Great way to make placements!