JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Did you know?

When you switch the letters around in "Santa" Claus it spells Satan? I'm just saying, how weird that is...why is this the case? Could Satan have had something to do with it? Santa also means saint.

I need to do some research... 8-)

Keywords: saint, Santa

I already know the origins behind Christmas itself. I just need to do some extra digging on this. It's not going to say "Satan" but it seems sinister.

It does spell that if the letters are moved around, but the title is actually the Italian and Spanish form of the Latin word sanctus which comes from sacus (where we get sacred) and is the same as the English word saint.

Interestingly it is apparently the feminine of the word "sant-", the masculine being santo in both Italian and Spanish, though the word probably came to us from a Dutch dialectic word Sinterklaas, Sinte Klaas and then Sant Nikolaas. Still, applying the Spanish and Italian to it, we have one of the earliest and best known bearded ladies ::o

Join the conversation with your brothers and sisters!

You can post now, and then we will take you to the membership application. If you are already a member, sign in now to post with your existing account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.