JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Tuesday, April 6 He began to reason . . . with those who happened to be on hand.​—Acts 17:17.

Tuesday, April 6

He began to reason . . . with those who happened to be on hand.—Acts 17:17.

If you are unable to do much walking, you might be able to sit in a public area where you can preach to passersby. Or you might be able to witness informally, write letters, or do telephone witnessing. Many publishers with severe limitations experience much joy and satisfaction in these other avenues of the preaching work. Despite health limitations, you can accomplish your ministry fully. Paul said: “For all things I have the strength through the one who gives me power.” (Phil. 4:13) Paul needed that power when he got sick on one of his missionary trips. He explained to the Galatians: “It was because of a physical illness that I had my first opportunity to declare the good news to you.” (Gal. 4:13) Similarly, your health limitations may give you opportunities to declare the good news to others, such as to doctors, nurses, and health-care providers. Many of these people are at work when publishers may be calling at their homes. w19.04 4-5 ¶10-11

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

Many of our brothers and sisters today are struggling with some type of ailment or health issues and struggle to even get out of bed. They may remember when they were able to do much in Jehovah's work but as Heb 6:10 says Jehovah will never forget what you have done in the past and with that in mind they can receive the strength that's spoken of at Phil 4:13. Personally I always enjoyed visiting the brothers and sisters in nursing homes and encouraging them, the funny thing is that I went to encourage but ended up leaving encouraged by the strong faith and zeal that is displayed even though they are going through so much ailments.

Limitations can discourage us and keep us from trying but still, we need to be ready as 2 Cor 8:12 says - For if the readiness is there first, it is especially acceptable according to what a person has, not according to what a person does not have. We do what we can with what we have. We leave the rest to Jehovah.

The one showing favor to the lowly is lending to Jehovah