JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Goals and Accountability Thread

Hello all! I haven't been on JWTalk in forever--a couple of years, probably--and now for the first time I see there are all these clubs.

I'm working my way back up to daily movement and exercise after being in a long slump. If anyone else is interested, I thought to start a thread where we can set goals for the week, check in periodically, motivate each other.

My goal for the week: Take a 30-minute walk today and do a 7-minute workout from an app I have on Tuesday and Thursday at 8am.

Would love to hear goals from others.

About me: I went off the rails with my health habits and gained a lot of weight over the last couple of years due to a massive case of pandemic comfort eating, stress from work and a divorce, and chronic health conditions. I am slowly starting to work my way out of it, especially because I NEED to exercise to manage my health conditions. I am going to a personal trainer 2x/week because I really needed the motivation and structure to get out of my slump. But my goal is to get back to going to the gym/group exercise classes on my own every week.

Would love to learn more about you all!

Edited by Esined

5 hours ago, Esined said:

My goal for the week: Take a 30-minute walk today and do a 7-minute workout from an app I have on Tuesday and Thursday at 8am.

Would love to hear goals from others.

I try minimum 10.000 steps daily....sometimes I mange 18.000. 

I walk in the local park.

In my opinion 30min is not enough, at least for me.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

• 4 weeks later...

So, this "accountability" thread was a fail 😆

But I have stayed more active! I'm still going to personal training 2x/week, except the last 2 weeks I've been sick and had work/family obligations I couldn't get out of. Last Sunday we had an awesome 1 ½ hour walk outside. I'd definitely walk or exercise more than 30 min every single day if my schedule allowed.

I'm sick and exhausted with an awful cold and cough (not Covid!) but I neeeed to move at least a little bit and get some sun. Maybe I can try to manage a short park walk today.