JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Thursday, December 30 The time left is reduced.​—1 Cor. 7:29.

Anniebea

Thursday, December 30

The time left is reduced.—1 Cor. 7:29.

If your Bible student is not making steady progress, at some point you will have to ask yourself, ‘Should I stop the study?’ In analyzing the situation, ask yourself: ‘Is my student progressing at a reasonable pace for his situation?’ ‘Is he beginning “to observe,” or apply, the things he is learning?’ (Matt. 28:20) Sad to say, some students are like the Israelites of Ezekiel’s day. Of them, Jehovah told Ezekiel: “Look! You are to them like a romantic love song, sung with a beautiful voice and skillfully played on a stringed instrument. They will hear your words, but no one will act on them.” (Ezek. 33:32) We may find it hard to tell a person that we will stop studying with him. However, “the time left is reduced.” Rather than spend more time conducting an unproductive study, we need to find someone who gives evidence that he is “rightly disposed for everlasting life.”—Acts 13:48. w20.01 6 ¶17; 7 ¶20

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

This is a fine line. In the US, studies are quite hard to come by but when you are able to conduct one, even if it's not super productive, it is still something that can sharpen our skills. Sometimes you must look hard to find progress and you must consider the situation. My wife and I study with a couple in their late 60's- early 70's. We have considered ending their studies a few times, but each time after praying for direction, we have found proof to continue. Jehovah will make it clear as to the way to go. 

9 hours ago, DSC said:

This is a fine line. In the US, studies are quite hard to come by but when you are able to conduct one, even if it's not super productive, it is still something that can sharpen our skills. Sometimes you must look hard to find progress and you must consider the situation. My wife and I study with a couple in their late 60's- early 70's. We have considered ending their studies a few times, but each time after praying for direction, we have found proof to continue. Jehovah will make it clear as to the way to go. 

It’s the same here in Ireland, studies are like gold dust … I think you’re correct in leaving a difficult decision up to Jehovah, he is after all the one who can read hearts, not us. 

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.