JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Wednesday, May 4 When I wish to do what is right, what is bad is present with me.​—Rom. 7:21.

Wednesday, May 4

When I wish to do what is right, what is bad is present with me.—Rom. 7:21.

Do not condemn yourself if you are struggling with a weakness. Remember that none of us can earn a righteous standing before God. We all need God’s undeserved kindness by means of the ransom. (Eph. 1:7; 1 John 4:10) And we can turn to our brothers and sisters—our spiritual family—for encouragement! They may provide a listening ear when we need to talk and offer reassuring words that can cheer us up. (Prov. 12:25; 1 Thess. 5:14) Joy, a sister in Nigeria who has battled with discouragement, says: “Where would I be without the brotherhood? My brothers and sisters are proof that Jehovah answers my prayers. I have even learned from them how to encourage others who are downhearted.” We need to keep in mind, though, that our brothers and sisters may not always know when we need encouragement. So we may need to take the initiative to approach a mature fellow believer and open up about our need for help. w20.12 23-24 ¶7-8

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

“Do not Condemn yourself if you are struggling with a weakness” that’s me right there 😂. But seriously I have a bad habit of condemning myself for everything. Even today at work I was kind of stressed out all day because of a miscommunication/ mistake last night, my boss called me today and was mad, then was depressed because I felt like I always disappoint people. 

proverbs 12:25 hits home, it is so

true. I have talked to a few elders about my issues but it isn’t necessarily easy to do, so I guess I would keep things to myself and hidden for a long time, but lately I have been talking about it more generally with people which is a good start.

I am so serious when I say this DT described my day!  To make a long story short (you're welcome, lol) I've been struggling with a specific weakness for a long time and reached out to talk to a sister about it today because I have been discouraged.  I'm so grateful to Jehovah for loving us enough to forgive our sins with His son's precious blood, giving us His Holy Spirit to overcome our weaknesses, and additionally to give us such a loving spiritual family.  ❤️

It's overcoming the sinful flesh that I battle daily.

38 minutes ago, Michelle81 said:

I am so serious when I say this DT described my day!  To make a long story short (you're welcome, lol) I've been struggling with a specific weakness for a long time and reached out to talk to a sister about it today because I have been discouraged.  I'm so grateful to Jehovah for loving us enough to forgive our sins with His son's precious blood, giving us His Holy Spirit to overcome our weaknesses, and additionally to give us such a loving spiritual family.  ❤️

It's overcoming the sinful flesh that I battle daily.

I think every single one of us have a battle with a weakness… I know that I do, in fact I have several lol

I’m just glad that Jehovah knows us and looks for the good instead of the weaknesses 🤗

14 hours ago, Android89 said:

“Do not Condemn yourself if you are struggling with a weakness” that’s me right there 😂. But seriously I have a bad habit of condemning myself for everything. Even today at work I was kind of stressed out all day because of a miscommunication/ mistake last night, my boss called me today and was mad, then was depressed because I felt like I always disappoint people. 

proverbs 12:25 hits home, it is so

true. I have talked to a few elders about my issues but it isn’t necessarily easy to do, so I guess I would keep things to myself and hidden for a long time, but lately I have been talking about it more generally with people which is a good start.

I’m so glad that you talk about issues… because if you don’t talk then it remains hidden and no one can help, I’ve learnt that the hard way !

I’ve always thought that making the first step towards talking to elders is the hardest part, it takes courage… well done for doing that because it’s something that I continually struggle with ☺️

17 minutes ago, Anniebea said:

I’m just glad that Jehovah knows us and looks for the good instead of the weaknesses 🤗

That's like finding a needle in a haystack with me girl.  It truly takes Jehovah God Almighty for that kind of visual skills. lol

In all seriousness though, Jehovah's awesome ability to overlook our flaws is beyond beautiful.  Jehovah God Almighty is the best Father ever. ❤️ 

On 5/4/2022 at 8:30 AM, Tortuga said:

Hungry Cake GIF

I love you my brother but you are ill 👀😁on the real though I enjoyed this text it actually describes me and I am working on it 

21 hours ago, Anniebea said:

I’m so glad that you talk about issues… because if you don’t talk then it remains hidden and no one can help, I’ve learnt that the hard way !

I’ve always thought that making the first step towards talking to elders is the hardest part, it takes courage… well done for doing that because it’s something that I continually struggle with ☺️

Sis you are not alone.