JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Family Worship for Couples

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 705 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

12 hours ago, steveswife said:

I read all the ideas for family worship in this section but would love ideas from couples on what they do for family worship.

The problem is that when a video with this content appears, it always shows a standard family with children. That is, they can have the Noah's Ark construction project, train their children to know what to do in the face of challenges at school, paint and draw biblical characters (for the younger ones). However, I would like to see ideas for family studies of adult couples without children.

Any research project would be good for couples. You could study Paul’s missionary journeys, tracking the terrain, distances, cities along the way. What kind of ships was Paul riding in when it sank?

Do a deep dive into the fruitage of the spirit. 

Research the difference between sanctifying and vindicating Jehovah’s name. 

Have a conversation about the friends in your hall. Write down something positive about each one. Then make a list of ways you both can help each one in something. 

Study an ecosystem, examining it in light with Jehovah’s qualities. 

Go through examples of faith, such as the brothers in Russia, and make a list of all the things that they have said sustained and helped them. Then research and work on whatever areas you may be weak in. 

You can also practice ministry objections.  See how each will respond. See how many scriptures come to mind in response to an unexpected subject. Work on areas you are weak. 

just some examples to get your thoughts going 

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”