JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Urgent Help Needed: MacBook Pro Not Seeing Webcam

Dear Friends,

Pls I need an urgent help here. We use an HP laptop for our congregation meetings which just crashed. I have macbook pro 2013 core i5 2.5 ghz 8gb ram 256gb as a replacement for use until we are able to repair the faulty one. However we found out the Logitech C920 pro is not being discovered by the MacBook Pro. Can anyone help on what we can do here to make the webcam work on it. 

Any help will be highly appreciated please.

Thanks

Check the Logitech site to see if there's any additional software for MacOS you need to install first in order for the webcam to operate properly.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G981B met Tapatalk

How long of a USB cable are you running from the camera?  

Is it plugged direct into the laptop, or through multiple cable extensions, through a hub?

If you can try plugging the camera directly into the laptop just to see if it works.

2 hours ago, howudodat said:

How long of a USB cable are you running from the camera?  

Is it plugged direct into the laptop, or through multiple cable extensions, through a hub?

If you can try plugging the camera directly into the laptop just to see if it works.

15m cable usb to usb cable as the webcam cable is not long enough.

19 hours ago, PaulvH said:

Check the Logitech site to see if there's any additional software for MacOS you need to install first in order for the webcam to operate properly.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G981B met Tapatalk

Logitech capture keeps crashing no other support software that I've seen except logi tunes which also does not seem to recognize the webcam.

9 hours ago, New World said:

15m cable usb to usb cable as the webcam cable is not long enough.

this is undoubtedly the problem.  15m far exceeds usb 2 capabilities of 5m.  Not every USB port provides the same power level.  USB2, USB3, front vs rear ports  (on a desktop)  I'm surprised you got it to work on any laptop.  Different cables too are different quality and gauge. I would try:

1. plug the camera directly into the laptop as a test and see if it works, if it does proceed to step 2
  2. get a powered usb hub and insert it by the camera