JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

“The world is now enduring greater stress than any time in recent decades, according to U.N. Secretary-General António Guterres”

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 604 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

“Why the U.N. chief says we are 'one miscalculation away from nuclear annihilation'”

I was talking yesterday to my younger brother, who was raised in the truth until age 15 but now considers himself agnostic, about mass shootings/killings and the increase in violence. He insisted that these problems have always existed. I just saw this and texted it to him.

I’ve read several news reports and think pieces this year about the extreme degree to which the world is messed up these days—mostly related to war and rising world tensions, Covid-19 fallout, increased inequality, and the economy.