JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Tuesday, August 16 They thought that the Kingdom of God was going to appear instantly.​—Luke 19:11.

Tuesday, August 16

They thought that the Kingdom of God was going to appear instantly.—Luke 19:11.

Jesus’ disciples hoped that the Kingdom would “appear instantly” and rescue them from Roman oppression. We yearn for the day when God’s Kingdom will remove wickedness and usher in the new world of righteousness. (2 Pet. 3:13) However, we need to be patient and wait on Jehovah’s appointed time. Jehovah allowed Noah sufficient time to build the ark and to serve as “a preacher of righteousness.” (2 Pet. 2:5; 1 Pet. 3:20) Jehovah listened as Abraham repeatedly questioned him about His decision to destroy the inhabitants of the wicked cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. (Gen. 18:20-33) For centuries, Jehovah was extraordinarily patient with the unfaithful nation of Israel. (Neh. 9:30, 31) We see evidence of Jehovah’s patience today as he allows time for all whom he draws “to attain to repentance.” (2 Pet. 3:9; John 6:44; 1 Tim. 2:3, 4) Jehovah’s example gives us good reason to exercise patience as we continue to preach and teach. w20.09 10 ¶8-9

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

Jehovahs patience has given time for all the deserving ones to come to know him…and we still have the opportunity to make the most of Jehovahs patience.

This time has allowed us to refine ourselves spiritually ready to enter into the new world.

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

Tuesday, August 16  "They thought that the Kingdom of God was going to appear instantly.—Luke 19:11.

Our daily text - additional thoughts 
Friends, Ment to post this along with today's text that you may appreciate! 

Appropriately The Watch Tower of June 1, 1906, stated concerning God’s execution of judgment: “Time will fully manifest the divine wisdom in what seems to short-sighted humanity like pitiless delay . . . God has kindly brought us to his standpoint of view and bidden us look into the glorious future . . . and in proportion as we are able to comprehend and believe it, we may rest and rejoice in it. But in the meantime, being thus graciously refreshed by the cheering prospect, we must patiently wait for the end, however painful the waiting season may be.”

And wait we will, with this full conviction: “It will without fail come true. It will not be late.”—Habakkuk 2:3.

w85 5/1 pp. 5-7

The Bible is what very few want to hear but it's the message that everyone is looking for (Prov. 1:20-23 & 3:5,6).

41 minutes ago, Wayne said:

Ment to post this along with today's text that you may appreciate! 

I merged it with the Tuesday's text topic in the Daily Text forum

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Wednesday, August 17  "There is going to be a resurrection.—Acts 24:15.

Jehovah’s Magnificent Expression 💕  (undeserved kindness)—Prov. 27:11

...May our key desire ever be to maintain integrity to our faithful God and to prove that no one, not even God’s adversary the Devil, can swerve us from this course. In this way we can make Jehovah’s heart rejoice.—Prov. 27:11.  w74 9/1ep. 534-539

The Bible is what very few want to hear but it's the message that everyone is looking for (Prov. 1:20-23 & 3:5,6).

22 hours ago, Brother_Bliss said:
23 hours ago, Wayne said:

Ment to post this along with today's text that you may appreciate! 

I merged it with the Tuesday's text topic in the Daily Text forum

Thanks. What am I doing wrong?

1 hour ago, Wayne said:

Thanks. What am I doing wrong?

You started a new topic for discussion that said "Ment to post this along with today's text that you may appreciate", so I merged it with the current topic for discussion about Tuesday's text. Your words led me to think you meant it to be here but maybe couldn't find your way back to the original topic.

Just above, you posted about Wednesday's text. You said....

12 hours ago, Wayne said:

Wednesday, August 17  "There is going to be a resurrection.—Acts 24:15.

Jehovah’s Magnificent Expression 💕  (undeserved kindness)—Prov. 27:11

...May our key desire ever be to maintain integrity to our faithful God and to prove that no one, not even God’s adversary the Devil, can swerve us from this course. In this way we can make Jehovah’s heart rejoice.—Prov. 27:11.  w74 9/1ep. 534-539

But this is the Tuesday topic. II would assume you meant to post this in the Wednesday topic. But since you used 3 words "Jehovah's Magnificent Expression" I also wonder if you meant to post it in the Daily Text in 3 Words game.

I do wonder if you are new to forums and are still trying to figure out how they work.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Yes wow, sorry I got y'all and myself totally messed up. Yes new to forums and just winging myself through total confusion. Need help. Sincerely, a demented brother. Wayne