JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Drop and share.

This is a my experience. We have a circuit visit and of course we know that each service talk is tailored to the needs of the whole congregation. That particular night, a sister got sick and telephone lines are fully-book, and the title of the talk is almost fitting to her situation. So what I did is record the whole talk. The file is almost 100 MB and since I can not attached those files to my email (email attachment has 25MB limitation), so this is where this service is very valuable. That time I used drop box but you need to sign up so you can upload the file and share the link. This one you don't need to register.UPload the file and give the link to a friend and voila, they have it instantly, no need for the other person to sign up, no hassle.

Modesty is not something we can simply define in a way that suits us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean.

Is it like DropBox?

If so, it is a 'cloud' web storage for pics or docs. I used DropBox for a while but it was messy and hard to sort. I also did not like the way D_B sent all my pics up there and I had no copy on my computer. I felt like my pictures had been stolen and I had to log in and work too hard to get them back.

Similar to dropbox but no registration. This is not only for pics or docs, it is for anything. Dropbox has limitations in the file size upload. This has none. This is done like this for security purposes. Imagine your house was ransacked. If you have files in Dropbox, even if your computer is gone, you can still retrieve it. I think you forgot to install the dropbox folder, download it first, sign in using your credentials then your files is in there. Check you favorite folder, it is in there.

Is it like DropBox?

If so, it is a 'cloud' web storage for pics or docs. I used DropBox for a while but it was messy and hard to sort. I also did not like the way D_B sent all my pics up there and I had no copy on my computer. I felt like my pictures had been stolen and I had to log in and work too hard to get them back.

http://www.dropcanvas.com/

Max upload is 5GB. No limit on individual size. And best of all it is free(for the mean time)

Google Drive does the same thing. Max upload is 10 GB. The free account gives you 5 GB of storage, and then it's cheap from then on up.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Yeah but for people I know are not in gmail :(, they are loyal to yahoo, so that is why i need to find ways that is more convenient to them.

Yeah but for people I know are not in gmail :(, they are loyal to yahoo, so that is why i need to find ways that is more convenient to them.

Yes, I thought so at first too. But I was wrong.

You also said...

UPload the file and give the link to a friend and voila, they have it instantly, no need for the other person to sign up, no hassle.

You can do the same with Google Drive - make it Public (will get indexed via search) or make it available to anyone with the link (no sign in required).

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Well, only if all of my friends do that (most of my friends in the congregation is in the 30 to 65 demographics*). I'll tell you, even going to google.com they use the google search bar to search google.com. I know how painful it is to see them doing that but I can't change them. They have no complains on slow computers because they are used to it. They use internet explorer to email, yahoo messenger to chat, watchtower library to research and MS word to "type".

Why I prefer this site over gdrive and skydrive (both I use everyday but I have preference, skydrive for personal stuff and gdrive for business) is that, the simplicity is there for less tech savvy friends.

*You know what, I really admire this people, they are "technologically challenge" but they have strong faith in the truth, have a really good comments in the meeting, and excellent talks.