JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

brew and bistro!

I tried making Beer once, and let's just say..it never rose to the occasion......lol

I make wine from time to time though. I would love to hear some methods and recipes....(tu)

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

• 3 years later...

I was looking for another thread on beer making. Does anyone here make beer or wine?

A brother is coming to stay on the 22nd. and he's going to begin teaching me beer making. Going to start a batch of hefeweizen. I guess there's a lot of nuances in the process so another brother invited me to his class in September, which I accepted. Then a brother, personal friend, invited us to come stay with them and learn from another brother. I'm excited because I love fermented and unpasteurized healthy beverage.   

And we're making a batch of wine- gewurztraminer and liebfraumilch to be exact. I like these the best, not too sweet. He's got all the equipment and starters. What a privilege to have this opportunity. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

• 1 month later...

Ok, so the journey in my beer making was fraught with sickness and I didn't take pics of it. But today was bottling day. I did 5 gallons of Ninkasi, the case and bottles on the left and Heffe, the ones on the right. There's also 4 BIG bottles in the frig that weren't in the pic. 

This is fun, I'm making a Red Pale Ale and another Heffe tomorrow. Bottling and cleaning up is enough for one day.

My Riesling wine, not the ones I thought I make, will be ready in about 3 weeks. Ummm, looking forward to that.post-1083-0-95314000-1442796826_thumb.jp

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

• 3 weeks later...

I understand not many care much about this but I'm really enjoying this and what came of my efforts is amazing. Adam taught me well and so far all has been a success. WELL, I have to admit that the Hefe was so smooth I don't really like it but Adam does and so does MH, he said it's the best he's ever had.

:wacko:  :wacko: Meh, bland. :)

So here's my 5 gallons of wine, 5 of Red Pale Ale, and my Limencello!!! Oh man oh man! The limencello is nothing short of amazing and I'm sitting here with a tidy glass of the Riesling between my wrists. It's wonderful.

post-1083-0-49902900-1444532533_thumb.jp

• 1 year later...
On 05/24/2012 at 10:46 AM, destiny said:

I tried making Beer once, and let's just say..it never rose to the occasion......lol

I make wine from time to time though. I would love to hear some methods and recipes....(tu)

I make wine also sorrel wine....what type of wine u make?

I made a pink semi sweet. Can't remember which one it is. Discovered lately I can't drink wine anymore so the last 5 gallons of pink I need to make will go to my daughter. It's in the beer room but I don't want to go look at its name :uhhuh:

I still have 2 more carboys of hoppy reds to make, just need to get up the enthusiasm, this weather has left me feeling drained.

9 hours ago, MJL said:

4 hours ago, bagwell1987 said:

I made a pink semi sweet. Can't remember which one it is. Discovered lately I can't drink wine anymore so the last 5 gallons of pink I need to make will go to my daughter. It's in the beer room but I don't want to go look at its name :uhhuh:

I still have 2 more carboys of hoppy reds to make, just need to get up the enthusiasm, this weather has left me feeling drained.

9 hours ago, MJL said:

9 hours ago, MJL said:

Sorrel as in roselle or jamaican hibiscus?

Peace...... Love...... &....... Paradise...... :heart:  :heart:  :heart: