JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JWL delays in showing videos and second screen Win10

Have anyone seen issues when trying to play a video and the app starts to play that video, but it just shows the file icon on the app window, but does not play at all, but the app window does not have the video displaying a pause icon, but a play icon, when you click on the play button, or that it delays playing that video within the app and second screen?

Also too, when JWL first starts up, the second screen does not display the year text straight up, but if you restart the app again and it will show it after a delayed period of time (about a minute or so)?

The second display option has been ticked. Even when you untick or retick that option, it does not activate that second screen unless yoy close and reopen the app.

Edited by Pabo

We have faced with the similar issue. For avoid this need to set "Combine taskbar buttons" to "Never"

There were 2 taskbar buttons  - one for left screen (PC monitor), the right is for TVs

So when you run video in JWLibrary, it never runs untill you click on Right button of JWLib on the taskbar.

Thats additional step, but I am understand, maybe it is by design for now.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure what the issue was, but I did a Windows update, cleared out some old broken registries with CCleaner, and then did a firmware update on our 4G router.

Thus far, it hasn't done it as much as it had previously, but we always have the emergency option (OnlyM) ready just in case.

On 8/6/2023 at 8:56 PM, Korotkiy said:

We have faced with the similar issue. For avoid this need to set "Combine taskbar buttons" to "Never"

There were 2 taskbar buttons  - one for left screen (PC monitor), the right is for TVs

So when you run video in JWLibrary, it never runs untill you click on Right button of JWLib on the taskbar.

Thats additional step, but I am understand, maybe it is by design for now.

I tried clicking on the taskbar tabs, to no avail. So it may have been an internal problem with our computer.

Edited by Pabo

Well it did it last night, played the first 2 songs and the family video without a hitch. But when we played the first video during the CBS, it just wouldn't play (it was the updated video). We closed JWL and then restarted the app and then it played. No issue with the second video in the CBS or the closing song.

This video was very special, it was replaced (Antony Morris), so it cannot be played directly, JW Library should be restared.

The neibour congregation in our KH has got a panic before meeting, because video cannot be played despite it shows in JWLib.

They asked me for help, happily I knew about an chapter update, but the video still couldn`t played till JW restart.