JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

We Need Not Fear Death

angellionel

We know that distressing times are ahead. Still, despite the many challenges we all will face, I personally very much hope to be alive to see the fulfillment of the remaining prophecies. I hope to be able to raise my voice in unison with my spiritual brothers and sisters in songs of praise to our Father, Jehovah, during and after the battle of Armageddon. Still, death is a possibility before then. Even so, the hope of the resurrection we hold dear and the strength God provides will help us conquer our fear of death, for with our mind's eyes we can still see ourselves praising our magnificent God, Jehovah, on the other side of the 'Jordan'.

I wrote the following poem not to be morbid but to serve as a reminder of the wonderful hope we have, that of being resurrected and released from Death's prison.

O Death

O Death, my hated foe, for me, you've come;
You wish to snatch my breath before the storm.
You thrill to see decay has clothed my form,
And now you wait to see if I succumb.

My face has oft displayed the pain inside,
A sense of sadness served by gloomy days.
At times, the pain has veiled my songs of praise,
And so, it seems to you, my hope has died.

But you, O Death, have failed to see in me
The steadfast faith in God which holds me firm.
A faith that I alone cannot affirm,
But seen by Him to whom I bend my knee.

So then, O Death, as you can doubtless see,
I do not fear the darkness of the grave,
For even if you cage the life you crave,
The One I serve has always held the key.