JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

What practical example do you observe in nature?

Macaws fall in love and stay that way

Unlike the vast majority of animals, once macaws find a mate, they tend to stay together for the rest of their lives. They raise their babies together, groom one another and can be seen flying so close to one another it’s as if they are holding hands…I mean, wings. ☺️

Often have the chance to observe these colorful big parrots flying over bamboo grass. Their example teaches me a quality that is scarse nowadays in the world, a precious quality: “Loyalty”  (Micah 6:8)

D35BCBEB-29CB-463C-90A1-7337C1300EEB.jpeg

Seeing the ant store food for the winter teaches me the importance of saving money and resources for “rainy days” and how it’s not wise to spend all of your money unless it’s an emergency - Proverbs 21:20.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

Salmons are a good example of determination. They start as little eggs and eventually grow up big enough to leave home. They follow the river downstream, through rapids, down a waterfall, under a fallen tree, and finally they arrive in the ocean. Salmon stay there for a while. One day it's 20 pounds, over 3 feet, and over 1000 miles from home. Now it wants to go back home and lay eggs for the next generation. So it goes back the river upstream, and wiggles it way through pokey branches of the fallen tree. It gets to the rocky ledge of the waterfall and jumps, jumps, jumps until it finally reaches the top to continue its journey home. With determination, it swims through the rapids and large boulders and retraces its steps to the quiet waters of its native stream bed, where it lays more than 10,000 eggs. And that shows us the degree of determination we want to serve Jehovah.

• 2 weeks later...

I just love bees. And surprisingly, I really don't eat the honey at all.

I just love hearing them buzzing whilst they work all day, building their nests and pollenating the flowers.

Sadly, the protective lands board (state government agency) have been eradicating bees in my area due to the varroa mite that landed in our shores due, to their slackness of monitoring the quarantine area hives during COVID, and the varroa miites just went out of control. Sadly, the way that they are eradicating them is not exactly working, as the are working from the point of origin, instead of working from the extreme border of the eradicating zone and working back to the point of first contact.

When I see a bee now, it makes me sad to see what had happened due to man's neglecting their duties. Thus I have decided not to grow any fruiting crops, as there are no bees about to pollenate them. So tomatoes, cucumbers, chillies, capsicums, beans, peas etc. 😔

Edited by Pabo