JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I posted the following message on Facebook, just so you'll know that I won't be available there anymore.....

" I have decided to close my account on FB. I have found that I am wasting so much precious time that I need to be putting toward more important parts of my life. My personal and spiritual goals are going to be first in my life from now on. I have enjoyed hooking up with all my old friends and meeting all my new ones.

I'm leaving my profile up for people who think they may need my email address to have time to get it off my profile and I will be closing my account next Sunday.

I hope you all have a wonderful life and I hear from you again.

LaRhonda"

I have been wasting so much precious time on this computer that I have let it interfere with my Spiritual goals and

accomplishments. This has been heavy on my mind lately and after Todays WT study and then afterwards, Sheryl and I studied for our Book Study Tues night, and that did it for me!!!!

I want to increase my hours in service to try to get Aux Hours....I have been wanting to do this for several months now but I have not done a thing but stay on this computer until 1-2 am and then I'm too tired and thick headed to get out of bed and out in service. I am going to "BEG Jehovah to MAKE me do his will"!!!!! I have the desire, it's just the motivation I lack, so the first thing on my agenda is to cut out all the time I waste....starting with this computer! I am going to get in the bed by 10:30 or 11 so I can get up in the morning and start putting God's Kingdon FIRST!!!

I'm not going to stop coming here as I have made so many dear friends and I also get so much encouragement from you guys. But this site doesn't take up much of my time. Plus I feel like I'm getting good association from my Brothers and Sisters from our little "Haven".

Peace!

Kudos to you LaRhonda! May Jehovah be with your efforts to cut the fat, so to speak, and make wise use of your time. It's no secret, I hate facebook because it does it to me, and I see it snagging so many others as well.

We had tons of talks over the last several years about MySpace at Circuit Assemblies, and the time it wasted and the trouble it caused for brothers and sisters. Facebook is the SAME thing. All those talks could be listened to again, just substitute Facebook for MySpace.

Of course, we would still love to see you around here. I believe it is a safe place, and far less time consuming. Forums are so superior to Social Networking sites, but the latter gets more popular because of the instant gratification it affords people because it is a cross between a forum and a chat room (little snippets of dialogue are accepted and encouraged, meaning that the users/authors can essentially have a conversation in nearly real time).

However, I would never want this place to hinder your service to Jehovah. That would totally defeat the purpose of this place.

We love you LaRhonda!

- Bob

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Thank you Bob, for your encouragement. Last night I got in the bed at 11:00 and was up at 7:30 this morning. Now if I can just keep this up, and keep begging Jah to MAKE me do his will, I should be on the right track.

I'd like to thank all of you here on this sote, too for helping and encouraging me so much these last few months. YOu guys have been a tremendous help to me.

Love to you all!

LaRhonda

Good on you sister, Facebook isn't an essential thing and even if it was it is not a creation of God and therefore if it gets in the way of you putting God first it is a good thing to get rid of it. Jehovah blesses those who put him first in their lives and do his will so as long as you lean on him.

So....I had a great day in service today. Had 2 good calls and placed a Bible Teach book with one girl. I asked her if she thought we were living in the last days, and she said she definately thought that a big change was on the horizon within the next few years. I read 2Tim 3 1-5 to her and she said it was like listening to the news. We had a good 20 minute conversation and I told her about our free home bible study. She is very interested in relegion and has done a lot of studying different books, but has little faith in the bible because she says it was translated for the Catholics and she doesnt have much respect for them. I told her about my Parallel Bible that shows 4 different translations verse by verse and that our bible has been quoted to be the most accurate one so I like to compare them all. I showed her John 17:3 that taking in knowledge about Jehovah and Jesus means everlasting life. She said she was very interested, open minded and searching. (He husband died a couple of years ago, too). I'm going to go back and take her the Mankinds Search for God book and also the "Can You Trust the Bible" magazine.

Can you guys think of anything else that may help me start a bible study with her? Tell me what to say to help her become interested.

I"m going back out in the morning.....starting early with a group that hits the gas stations at 8am. I'lllet you know how my tomorrow goes.

fb was a hard thing to stop. was just talking about it today, how addicting it is. good job larhonda

LaRhonda has a confession to make ;)

Facebook was the topic of my Monday rant...

Shame on You Facebook and Your Privacy Lie!

- Bob

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

thts u who wrote tht? fb was very cool. and ill admit i ignored the council for a while about the dangers. but abut 3 weeks ago my best friends husband gave a public discourse on youths. He made very clear how we are not to have fb, myspace, twittter, classmates, ect. i sighed and deactivated my account. on the bright side, my service time is up, ive been blessed with several things tht have come in handy, and ive decided to become a pioneer..soo yay fb.

Yes, I wrote that article today.

That is awesome that you are gonna pioneer. Facebook is a colossal waste of time, just like many other things in this world that serve as distractions.

Ephesians 5:15-16 “So keep strict watch that how you walk is not as unwise but as wise persons, buying out the opportune time for yourselves, because the days are wicked.”

Philippians 1:10 “Make sure of the more important things

I have been trying to limit myself on FB. I dont know if it is true that if you delete pics from Fb that they still have them on there even thou , you delete them,, does anyone else know anything about that if it is true or not?

I have been trying to limit myself on FB. I dont know if it is true that if you delete pics from Fb that they still have them on there even thou , you delete them,, does anyone else know anything about that if it is true or not?

It's true. Just like when you delete files on your computer, they are not really gone, they are in your Recycle Bin. And even if you remove them from there, they are still on the disk. All you did was erase the record of there existence.

Unlike this place, which is one of many sites all residing on a single computer, Facebook is so huge that it resides across multiple computers. Your pics exist on all of them. If you delete pics on the computer you happen to be acting with, it could take several hours for that command to pass through all the copies of your profile on the other machines.

Plus, have you ever noticed that if you want to leave, the option is called "Deactivate" your account and not "Delete" your account. When you come back, it is still there all in tact waiting for your return.

OK, Bob...here's my confession....I decided that FB is a good way to keep up with my family and friends....(yes, withdrawals), so I have reupped my account. BUT. I am limiting my time on there to one hour a day. I must be in bed by 11:00 and I have been going out in service M-TH & Sat. So....as long as my service to Jah is not hindered, I will stay in touch with my family....otherwise...it will be gone again. I did go a week without, though...hahaha!

One hour a day max :-) Good luck with that.

{I just got struck by lightning for saying "good luck" - ouch!}

Keep committed to your bedtime and ministry schedule. If you reflect back on all that wasted facebook time, always not wanting to miss something.... you'll see that there was never anything to miss :-)

Thats right.....all I will miss is what some people had for dinner...or they wish the day would hurry and end or trivial things.

I was out at 7am this morning!!! I've gotten in 10 hours already this week and will be going out again tomorrow and Sat...WooooHoooo!!!!!!