JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Wednesday, December 27 Keep this mental attitude in you that was also in Christ Jesus.​—Phil. 2:5.

Wednesday, December 27

Keep this mental attitude in you that was also in Christ Jesus.—Phil. 2:5.

The more we think like Jesus, the more we will act like him and the more successful we will be in reflecting his personality. (Heb. 1:3) We may think: ‘Jesus is perfect. I will never be completely like him!’ If you feel that way, remember these facts. First, you were designed to be like Jehovah and Jesus. So you can choose to imitate them, and you can succeed at least to some degree. (Gen. 1:26) Second, God’s holy spirit is the most powerful force in the universe. With its help, you can accomplish things that you could never do on your own. Third, Jehovah does not expect you to display the fruitage of the spirit perfectly now. In fact, our loving Father has set aside 1,000 years for those with an earthly hope to become perfect. (Rev. 20:1-3) What Jehovah requires of us now is to try our best and to rely on him for help. w22.03 9 ¶5-6

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

6 minutes ago, Anniebea said:

Wednesday, December 27

Keep this mental attitude in you that was also in Christ Jesus.—Phil. 2:5.

God’s holy spirit is the most powerful force in the universe. \

Sorry to be OT. A few years ago there was a paragraph in A Watchtower that indicated Jehovah is still at work on this world. Myself and two Long time Bethelites noted that it was a new message to us, suggesting creative energy. Some time later, I asked both if they remember that article. All three of us failed to find it a second time. Is this ringing a bell/ We checked articles referring to creation, but could not relocate that info

Rather old WT but quite interesting. Not sure it is the one you are referring to.

*** w53 4/1 p. 208 par. 1 Doing the Work Approved by God ***
... Indifferent and slothful ones who are negligent in their work cannot hope to have the blessing or approval of Him who from the very beginning of creation has labored with matchless zeal and diligence. “My Father has kept working until now,” said Jesus, “and I keep working.” (John 5:17, NW) Never does Jehovah tire of his work. Never does he grow weary or become bored in doing what he sets out to accomplish. Never does he slow down and quit before obtaining complete success. “Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard? The everlasting God, Jehovah, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary.” Even his name, Jehovah, defines the Most High and Lofty One as a God of purpose and activity, for it is drawn from a word of action, the causative form of the Hebrew verb havah. “I have purposed, I will also do it,” he says. So after immeasurable eons of time we find Jehovah still faithfully sticking to his stupendous work, discharging his heavy responsibilities both as Creator of the universe and as its Sovereign Lord and Eternal Governor.—Isa. 40:28; 46:11, AS.
https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=1953245&srctype=wol&srcid=share&par=3