JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Say If some one has been ill or had an opp. How do you like to Cheer them?

Do you like to take flowers or cook a meal. maybe sms. What is done in your cong?

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Do you like to take flowers or cook a meal. maybe sms. What is done in your cong?

Any of them is ok. all depends on what you want to do. I think the most of all is spending time with the person and giving them courage from God's word the Bible.

Sometimes what I do depends on the circumstances of the person who's ill...Do they have small children who need to be taken to school or watched during the day? Do they live alone and need someone to pop in (quietly) several times to check on them? If they are going to be down for a length of time, would they like books from the library or old movies to watch? Does the yard need cutting? Or the house need a little tidying up?

Some of these require a little more familiarity with the person...I mean I wouldn't hesitate to clean the bathroom or kitchen or do a load of laundry for my sister in law or another close friend. But maybe not for someone else. However cards, flowers and food are always appreciated! :givehug:

Australian hospitals tend to patch 'em up and ship 'em out pretty fast . .so a text in the first few days at home is nice. (just in case they sleep) It is always best I don't cook for them . .I need allthe friends I can get. :P

I thought Wollongong Hospital was bad..Not many caring Nurses & Dr's at least in the maternity section..(td)

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

• 2 weeks later...

Once I told a brother who was admitted in the hospital for several days due to a surgery who was sad because he missed meetings and association.

"You are fortunate. You have now plenty of time to read many books and articles. I am not getting time at all. I don't know when I too will get time like this"

well he started laughing for a long time. Of course that was the intention.

:D

Agape

i would visit the person with nice gift and chat with the person just to get his or her mind of his situation

This one is nice too. I think My family's tradition when you go for a meal or someone has done something nice or is unwell.

chocolates and flowers from my Nana to my Ma to my auntie I feel it is not good to go empty handed or not say thanks.