JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

KYRGYZSTAN: "We need to protect the rights of the majority"

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4318 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

"Asked about these and other physical attacks on religious minorities, the new Head of the State Commission for Religious Affairs (SCRA), Abdilatif Zhumabayev, told Forum 18: "We need to protect the rights of the majority." One Jehovah's Witness commented that "failure to prosecute the persons who carried out the mob violence in May 2010 is no doubt the main reason why the mobs felt they could attack our community again in 2012".

www.forum18.com

And in UZBEKISTAN: "Imminent expulsion for exercising religious freedom?"

Despite being born, brought up and living in Uzbekistan, Jehovah's Witness Yelena Tsyngalova and her two teenage sons are facing imminent expulsion to Russia, in apparent punishment for exercising her freedom of religion or belief.

www.forum18.org

No doubt Hitler thought the same when he decreed to " exterminate this brood " from Germany. The majority suffered more in that their " religious '' freedoms were curtailed due to the fact that the same bigotry applied just as much to them as to the minorities being persecuted. As long as religion of all denominations support and do as the political state requires then that religion will still ride an unstable political beast. Our brothers may be experiencing severe hardships now but the time will come when all false religion will experience their demise and Jehovah Himself removes all reproach from His Name AND from His people.

We can be so thankful Jehovah protects His peoples rights and so let us continually pray for our brothers especially in these former Soviet states.

To protect the majority against a small minority (who are supposedly misguided) ? ? . . . that is an admission that the MAJORITY is weak and defenceless . . too weak to decide for themselves what is right or wrong, truth or lie.

If I were part of that majority I would be puzzled at the leaders who thought so little of me. :shrugs:

(I have never heard a Brother announce from the platform that I should to never talk to Mormons or visiting Baptists lest I be lead astray.) If I have TRUTH then nothing can sway me and I need fear no dissenting opinion. I leave fools to their own devices. They should do the same.