JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Saturday, February 17 Become imitators of God, as beloved children.​—Eph. 5:1.

Saturday, February 17

Become imitators of God, as beloved children.—Eph. 5:1.

We benefit by adhering to Jehovah’s standards of right and wrong. Can you see why? Imagine what would happen if every bank came up with its own standards for determining the value of currency or if each construction company followed its own standards of measurements. The result would be chaos. And if medical personnel failed to adhere to consistent standards of care, some patients might die. Certainly, reliable standards are a protection. Likewise, God’s standards of right and wrong protect us. Jehovah blesses those who try to live by his standards. He promises: “The righteous will possess the earth, and they will live forever on it.” (Ps. 37:29) Can you imagine how united, peaceful, and happy mankind will be when everyone follows Jehovah’s standards? Jehovah wants you to enjoy that kind of life. Surely, each one of us has good reasons to love righteousness! w22.08 27-28 ¶6-8

You can't walk with God while holding hands with the Devil.

🤔 

Exaggeration? "The heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways and thoughts are higher than yours" (Isa 55:9). 👀 Human views of standards, or Jehovah's standards / directions? (Isa 30:21). 

TRULY - Wisdom & Happiness is imitating closely the incomparable standards that Jehovah has provided too guide our lives. (Psalm 19:7-11)

Saturday, February 17

Become imitators of God, as beloved children.—Eph. 5:1.

Edited by Wayne

The Bible is what very few want to hear but it's the message that everyone is looking for (Prov. 1:20-23 & 3:5,6).

I am always happy when someone comments on the daily text because I can read it early in the day or the day before. I have difficulty locating this and have little digital room left to download the whole booklet.  Thanks for this. 

You're right, Pauline, about space left. We seem to have so much on such a small bit of equipment. To make the most of it I carry out a ruthless housekeeping session, every month or so, and look to remove stuff that has no further value. Having the day text is one of the things that I try to keep available, so that even if I miss it first thing in the morning, I can bring it up during a break in the daily activities.

Of course, sometimes the ruthlessness has been overdone a bit, and I send out to someone else "what was that reference you sent me a while back. Can you find it again for me"?