JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Redefining old age

40 minutes ago, DancesWithWife said:

An interesting short story on redefining old age. One day this will no longer be a topic or subject of any concern. 

True to a certain extent. We will not be crumbling while getting older in NW. Right now I’m tall dark and handsome and I will be that way trillions of years from now too. Plus, Jehovah always been old. Daniel 7:13.

3 hours ago, DancesWithWife said:

redefining old age

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0KdnIpQCpE&t=84s

Transcript :

A healthy human brain has up to a 100 billion nerve cells making trillions of connections with each other. Recent research suggests a normal part of aging involves forgetting less important memories to help make room for new ones.

The problem comes when normal forgetting is coupled with an abnormal process causing dementia.

Spoiler

Dr. Jonathan LaPook : I would say by far the biggest fear my patients have is that they're losing it. Right and very often it'll start with I couldn't think of a name. I mean it was somebody who I know so well. Right how important is that? How worried should they be?

Dr. Louise Aronson : I would say  they should not be worried

image.png.e5f5bf2af437a2f6b62a1be471889d21.png

A comment below the video.

I feel the biggest problem for seniors is loneliness..when there's no one who needs you or no family around it's hard to find a reason to get up in the morning

Edited by Imagine

https://youtu.be/esPRsT-lmw8?si=jfi1XNvIX55-gHge&t=111 Oct 16, 2013

The most important lesson from 83,000 brain scans | Daniel Amen | TEDxOrangeCoast

Transcript

SPECT is a nuclear medicine study that looks at the blood flow and activity, it looks at how your brain works.

SPECT was presented as a tool to help psychiatrists get more information to help their patients.

Edited by Imagine

1 hour ago, Mike047 said:

SPECT

https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/spect-scan/about/pac-20384925

While many imaging tests show what the internal organs look like, a SPECT scan can show how well the organs are working. For instance, a SPECT scan can show how well blood is flowing to the heart; what areas of the brain are more active or less active; or what parts of the bone are affected by cancer.

Brain disorders

A SPECT test creates a detailed, 3D map of the blood flow activity in the brain, which can help see which parts of the brain are being affected by:

Clogged blood vessels. SPECT scanning can find issues with blood flow in the brain. It can help diagnose or check on vascular brain disorders, such as moyamoya disease, a condition in which the arteries in the brain become blocked or narrowed.

Edited by Imagine