JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Be careful buying food on Amazon!!!

We have had two bad experiences buying food on Amazon. The first one, they shipped mayonnaise but due to weather froze and it separated. The second one was we bought 4 cans of Stagg Chili that arrived leaking due to poor packaging when it was shipped. Unlike the first time, I had to argue to get a refund. I took photos and was willing to send them. They gave me a "courtesy" refund after I said it was there fault not mine.

It seems odd that Amazon is unwilling to give refunds when it's their fault the product arrived damaged. Please be careful buying food items from Amazon. After this experience, NEVER again!!!

IMG_20240315_121608977_HDR.jpg

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

Is this vanilla Amazon or a shop on Amazon. I'm about to make a big Morisson's order on Amazon, and I'm guessing it'll be delivered from the nearest Morisson's so I'm not sure if it's the same packing/delivery process. 

14 minutes ago, Katty said:

shop on Amazon

It was a ship directly from Amazon. Basic food products. If they get damaged in shipping, Amazon will not refund your order. They were poorly packaged .

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

22 hours ago, DancesWithWife said:

It was a ship directly from Amazon. Basic food products. If they get damaged in shipping, Amazon will not refund your order. They were poorly packaged .

That's a shame. Hopefully a Morisson Amazon order will have things packed a bit better since it is coming from a supermarket that's used to packaging consumables. I wouldn't consider to buy food on Amazon, unless it's something like ingredient food, and then, there are other online shops I'd get a lot of things from first.