JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Spotify music sreaming App. Hidden dangers!

I just want to share a warning about Spotify, with fellow parents of tweens and teens (and kids), who allow them to use that app.

The internet and all the apps available right now really feels like a Labrinth for parents trying to protect there kids these days.

As a mother, I consider myself to be informed about the dangers of the internet. I try to research possible dangers for young ones online and how to protect them from predators and dangerous influences online.

I was not fully aware of the dangers of Spotify! 

There is a button for blocking explicit content for your children/teens on Spotify. But let's be honest, tweens/teens are getting too smart for their own good. It doesn't take much to get passed that safety 'barricade'. They could be sitting beside you listening to music on there head phones right now.

I had no idea there was such disgusting content on Spotify. I am truly shocked and horrified to be made aware of the absolute digusting filth available on this app, Spotify. This probably goes for any 'music streaming' app.

People can listen to all means of xxx rated audio (lgtbq+ as well), self harm and partner harm inspiring 'music'/audio, and there is even ways of chatting and sharing pictures. Really inspired by the devil.

Satan knows how to exploit any loop hole or chink in any "armor". Satan is more active than we could ever imagine. 

These apps give an open door straight into our children's minds.

Please.... parents, be vigilant. We need to check in on our big kids, take a look at their streaming/'song' history and be a bit like detectives. Self harm is huge right now with young people. They feel the weight of the world like never before and lack the emotional intelligence to deal with it all. 

Please gaurd your precious daughters, sons, neices, nephews. Grandchildren and young friends.

We need to pray for Jehovahs help for all our young ones growing in this world. And for the knowledge to protect them.