JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Land Bridges and the flood.

I absolutely love learning, the sciences, history, farming, useless information, and forget most of it 😅

Over the years I have seen and heard a lot of interesting things about the changes to the Earth through the ages. 

Some are written off completely as laughable, just an imperfect mind trying to interpret things they don't understand in a way that benefits them. Not even worth discussing. 

Some on the other hand are very very interesting (to me at least), and help provide just a few pieces to a very big puzzle that wont be completed until after the 1000 years. 

A long time ago I heard about the migration of early Humans and the use of land bridges that allowed this to happen. The sea level was lower and a lot more land was available, there was land between each continent that you could walk on. 

Then according to an Ice Age documentary I watched, a Squirrel trying to bury the perfect nut caused the end of an Ice age and the melt water raised the level of the oceans shutting those bridges. 

image.gif.e8799dc9e40e20e1ed78bb2c3cf64fff.gif

Not too long before Covid, I went on holiday to Ireland and went sea fishing off the coast of Connemara, I was really suprised when I was told to be careful to not let too much line out as the hook would get stuck on the bottom of the ocean amongst the debris. 

We could barely see land, I felt very small and insignificant, there was no way the bottom of the sea was that close. 

Within seconds I felt the weighted hook touch the bottom. Absolutely crazy!

After getting home and thinking about it, I remembered a documentary I watched explaining that at points around the UK and Ireland the water is about 50 - 100 metres deep and at others such as Dogger bank (a famous sand bar) between the UK and Europe sit slightly proud of the water and is discussed in the shipping forecast. 

Trawlers that scrape the bottom of the sea around the UK, Europe and Ireland with their nets have brought up tools, peat logs and other items showing that at one time these areas were not underwater but farmland. 

This got me thinking about the springs that were released and the water canopy that descended in order to flood the earth. 

We know that when the canopy was in place and the springs contained, Jehovah proclaimed that it was good. Will the canopy go back and the spring water go back to its place?

Ultimately I don't think that we can say for sure as it would just be a guess. What we can say for sure is that whatever they decide, the outcome will be perfect and benefit the Earth and ourselves. 

I do however lean towards the canopy going back at least, due to it being put there for a purpose in the first place. Jehovah and Jesus would have thought about it being there, and not being there, and decided that it being there was good.

As I said though I am happy if they choose something else and will enjoy learning what it is and why they chose to do it that way. 

IF... the canopy goes back and the spring waters recede, the land bridges will come back, and a shocking amount of land will be recovered from the ocean! 

This means easy migration for animals, humans and a whole lot of space for homes and exploring. 

Here is a link to a video using NASA resources to show the Earth with water removed, the chap who uploaded this one kindly added the metres.

I found interesting

100m, check out the UK 

1000m, check out Europe, Russia, North America and Australia

2000m, North America

3000m, the South, whatever that area is called lol.

I remember reading a scientific journal years ago that was written by marine biologists I think, the purpose of their work was to find how many tide marks there are and attempt to recover as much history from those tide marks. 

As the tides come and go all sorts of things get washed up on the shore and compressed over time, these guys come along with a big tube shove it into the shore line as far as it will go and pull it up.

The contents of the tube get analysed back at base, by looking at it in one piece they can tell quite a lot of general information quite quickly, and then hope to get further information by looking closer. 

What they found was very cool. There are only two tide marks in the world. One is millions of years old, the second is only a few thousand years old. 

Unfortunately I have lost the link to that article and have tried unsuccessfully to find it over the years. 

Here is a link to the documentary about Doggerland. 

Just some ramblings about one of the many things I find fascinating. I especially love it when I can use it to help me envision the future clearer. Even if its not a certainty, at this point in time, now, it helps me build a possible picture. I am well aware that this picture may not come true, but it serves its purpose of helping me to learn about our world, Jehovah's creation and what He originally intended us to enjoy. 

Another point I have just thought of is being careful about what information we watch and spread. I have seen the above documentary a few times over the years, I do not remember there being anything controversial in it and feel it is safe to share.

However as with all information from this world, judge it based upon what we know is fact, they guess a lot, there will be nuggets of fact and lots of interesting speculation surrounded by refuse. 

I hope this was of interest and you have a lovely day. 

Martin, welcome to JWTalk! Thanks for that detailed post. There are a lot of interesting things to discuss there.

The Flood and the canopy are some favorite subjects here and we have discussed them many times. Many members here do not believe there was a water canopy around the earth. This idea hasn't been taught in our publications for several decades, and it poses many problems from a scientific viewpoint. Most recent publications seem to present the idea that the "waters above" are just the clouds. The Bible does say that there will be summer and winter and heat and cold forever, which seems impossible with a water canopy producing a greenhouse effect, so if there was ever such a canopy it doesn't seem it will be back.

If you wish, you may have a look at our most recent discussions about the subject to see the reasons some presented in favor or against:

https://jwtalk.net/topic/57202-restoration

https://jwtalk.net/topic/53731-condition-of-earth-before-flood

Thanks Carlos, I appreciate the links! I will have a look with a coffee tomorrow 👍

Hehe I was supposed to be packing when I made this today. Lets see if I get the packing done tomorrow 😅

I have tried many times to talk about subjects like these, but the majority of people I have found are not interested or hold very rigid views and do not want to discuss them. 

It will be interesting to see what others think. 

As for the water canopy, I do not hold firm views on it, but I have thought about it. Anything we come up with now, for or against, is just conjecture. 

Something it will be interesting to find out when I read the other threads is, has someone else thought that a water canopy the correct thickness and shape, would act like a lense, magnifying the night sky.

I have also wondered if it would work in harmony with the ozone layer as a protection from the sun, and or space debris. 

It would make the earth more temperate, but need not completely remove seasons, although nature is out of balance at the moment, the north and south poles are uninhabitable and were that way before man got involved with the weather.  

I am eagerly looking forward to all the fireside chats with people in the thousand years, discussing these very subjects! But from a different angle. 

Talking to resurrected ones and telling them that after the flood there were no land bridges, people were stuck on islands for thousands of years, we built boats and planes but needed passports and money to use them. There are going to be some crazy conversations!