JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

I'm quite sure every single one of us could quote a favorite scripture where this principle holds true...I am just going to attempt to share with all of you...what a loving brother shared with me yesterday.

We were discussing friendships...and the idea of acquaintances among our worldly work mates and people we know. 

This brother shook me up...and frankly...I needed it. Perhaps you will as well...and perhaps you won't. Either way, it's a very quick and efficient way to sort through all the chaff that Satan throws up in our faces...and evaluate...what TRULY matters to Jehovah!

Please join me in turning to 1 John 2:15-17: " Do not love either the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him;16 because everything in the world—the desire of the flesh and the desire of the eyes and the showy display of one’s means of life—does not originate with the Father, but originates with the world.17 Furthermore, the world is passing away and so is its desire, but the one who does the will of God remains forever."

How many many times I have heard those words...how many times have brothers quoted them in their talks...in articles...and yet, sadly...I just plain out missed the context of those three verses.

His counsel was simple...it's meaning plain...and yet...it took me a few hours to mentally chew on it...and to finally  come up with the conclusion he had already arrived at: "The point is NOT that the world will not love us...no friends...Jehovah doesn't concentrate on THEIR desires."

Jehovah loves US...his concern is for US...and that is why his EMPHASIS in verse 15 lies on US...you and I!!!!

Jehovah already knew that Satan and his world would "love" us no matter what route we choose...so instead He chose to focus on our desires...because Satan will always accept anyone...as long as they are against Jehovah and his servants.

I thank this brother so much for pointing out the focus of these verses...they have helped me to readjust my thinking.

Where is MY heart in this matter...and why does it matter...now more than ever?

This may only affect me...and then again...maybe not.

Thus...I am choosing to share...and to continue to pray that I may meet each and every single one of you in the New System...on my own behalf. I am trying so hard to be a truly different person...someone whom Jehovah loves and actually respects.

May each of you feel Jehovah's loving hand on your shoulder...and may each of you continue to be guided by Him straight into the new system.

I love all of you...because out of every single person on earth...at least YOU are trying to do what is right!

22 hours ago, Timl1980 said:

I'm quite sure every single one of us could quote a favorite scripture where this principle holds true...I am just going to attempt to share with all of you...what a loving brother shared with me yesterday.

We were discussing friendships...and the idea of acquaintances among our worldly work mates and people we know. 

This brother shook me up...and frankly...I needed it. Perhaps you will as well...and perhaps you won't. Either way, it's a very quick and efficient way to sort through all the chaff that Satan throws up in our faces...and evaluate...what TRULY matters to Jehovah!

Please join me in turning to 1 John 2:15-17: " Do not love either the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him;16 because everything in the world—the desire of the flesh and the desire of the eyes and the showy display of one’s means of life—does not originate with the Father, but originates with the world.17 Furthermore, the world is passing away and so is its desire, but the one who does the will of God remains forever."

How many many times I have heard those words...how many times have brothers quoted them in their talks...in articles...and yet, sadly...I just plain out missed the context of those three verses.

His counsel was simple...it's meaning plain...and yet...it took me a few hours to mentally chew on it...and to finally  come up with the conclusion he had already arrived at: "The point is NOT that the world will not love us...no friends...Jehovah doesn't concentrate on THEIR desires."

Jehovah loves US...his concern is for US...and that is why his EMPHASIS in verse 15 lies on US...you and I!!!!

Jehovah already knew that Satan and his world would "love" us no matter what route we choose...so instead He chose to focus on our desires...because Satan will always accept anyone...as long as they are against Jehovah and his servants.

I thank this brother so much for pointing out the focus of these verses...they have helped me to readjust my thinking.

Where is MY heart in this matter...and why does it matter...now more than ever?

This may only affect me...and then again...maybe not.

Thus...I am choosing to share...and to continue to pray that I may meet each and every single one of you in the New System...on my own behalf. I am trying so hard to be a truly different person...someone whom Jehovah loves and actually respects.

May each of you feel Jehovah's loving hand on your shoulder...and may each of you continue to be guided by Him straight into the new system.

I love all of you...because out of every single person on earth...at least YOU are trying to do what is right!

Very nice point!  Gonna pocket this one too.  :thumbsup: