JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Update on my trip plans

If all had gone well, I would be boarding the Amtrak train now. But for one, Boots hasn't been able to sell her car and for two, one of my kitties was hit by a car last Thurs night. 6/21 and I had to make a flying trip with him an hours drive to Cornell University in Ithaca (NY). He survived but has multiple fractures of his upper jaw and right scapula (shoulder). Fortunately no serious internal injuries, lungs bruised a bit. His fractures were where if they did surgery it would do more harm than good. He came home Sunday night 6/24 He cannot eat he has an esophageal tube placed in his neck and I have to tube feed him and give him his meds by tube round-the-clock, every 6 hours so I cannot do any travelling. The vet estimates having to do this for at least two weeks.

So he is in a small dog crate with a little litter pan and kitty bed. He is using the litter pan fine. I was very nervous about the tube feeding but now have got it down to a science. Yesterday I changed his dressings where the tube goes in his neck and it looks very good, no bleeding, drainage, swelling, heat or smell. Keanu is being a very good kitty and actually is content to stay in the crate and sleep. He has a fentanyl patch and I also give him other pain med by tube along with antibiotics every 12 hours. When I feed him he doesn't take notice. He will purr and go to sleep. He even got up and used the litter box while I was feeding him! I have pics up on my Facebook. He had the vets and staff up at Cornell wrapped around his paw they were giving him tummy rubs, etc lol.

So my trip is on hold for now. I have her car listed on OKC Craigslist and Lawton OK Craigslist. Her son finally sent me the pic she took of the car so that should help. I know when I was car shopping I skipped ads with no pic. So that's it for now! :heart:

Get more exercise....walk with Jehovah!

one of my kitties was hit by a car last Thurs night.

Egads!

That happened to my previous dog once. She ended up being alright, but talk about a scare! Hope the kitty recovery comes along fine.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I would really love to do some sort of a road trip beofe i turn 50.

Like the Ewan Mcgregor and charlie boorman long way round, down shows.

Just follow my nose and see where i end up.

But i dont have the courage i hope you do get to go on your trip;

Id love to go coast to coast on an amtrack.

Thanks Ron. My trip isn't for vacation its to bring an anointed sister back to NY where she is from. She is going to live with us. Her hubby is from OK so that's why she is out there but he died 2-3 years ago with cancer and she is 72 with a heart problem and doesn't want to live alone any more. We happen to have an extra bedroom and when she and her husband lived in NY for awhile we were very good friends, got together to play cards, etc. She also likes kitties and wants to bring her babies with her (will add to our 8!) But she is funding the move by selling her car. The plan, depending on how much money is for me to go by Amtrak or bus to OKC, a brother will take me to her house then we will rent a small uhaul moving truck and I will drive us back to NY, me, her, her things, and the kitties. There is supposed to be enough space behind the seats for the cat carriers. I wouldn't put them in the back of the moving van. So we are just waiting for now. Maybe right now isn't a good time and things will work out better later. I would love to go coast to coast on the train with my hubby. I like your idea it sounds like fun! (Oh, and it's too late for me I'm already 53 lol) :wheelchair:

Get more exercise....walk with Jehovah!

I would really love to do some sort of a road trip beofe i turn 50.

Like the Ewan Mcgregor and charlie boorman long way round, down shows.

Just follow my nose and see where i end up.

But i dont have the courage i hope you do get to go on your trip;

Id love to go coast to coast on an amtrack.

Take "Harley Davidson" as a sponsor of your trip (BMW was already used by Oby one). This motorbike may give you some courage.

And let me know when approach to Ukraine, I'll show you the easiest way to go to Siberia. LOL

"Absolute rubbish”