Jump to content
JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Library for Windows Problems?


Recommended Posts

On 10/6/2026 at 4:05 PM, Travis P said:

I am having an issue with the Library for windows.    It is currently Oct 2026.    My JW Library randomly stopped downloading pubs, vids or music.   I can download jpub files from .org and open them in Library, but the program cannot download them natively.    The odd thing is,  It will stream videos and audio without downloading.

 

I have tried all the tranditional stuff,   My folders are default,  ive checked my firewall, dns, registry and the like.   I have removed the entirety of JWLibrary with REVO in hunter mode.    I have reinstalled, imported my old backups, and still no change.   I've uninstalled all programs that Ive installed near or around when it stopped.     Ive updated all drivers and have a wired internet conn.    The only thing Ive not done is uninstall the last windows update.  

 

Its not super important as I have my phone and tablet that work fine, but the Windows app has got me in a tizzy.   Ive asked around and i dont have anyone else with the same problems.    Before I do a full reload, (and waste the entire day)  does anyone have and Idea whats going on?

The system is an AMD proc (Ryzen 7-5700) in an Asus Tuff B550 board. Geforce RTX 3060 8g vid.  32G of 3200 DDr4 ram,  WDBlue NVMA, 2 good ole HDDs.  Wired connection to Xfinity using Realtek 1g net card.

If more info is needed, I talk the talk so message me and I'll update as needed.  

Thanks in advance.

Trav.

 

Please see my post on Sept 20, 2026

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Sam_JW said:

Please see my post on Sept 20, 2026

Ooo, thank you.  I missed that one. 

Ill give that a try.   out of curiosity, is it a function of Defender, or Windows itself?   If it's windows, is it something that we can shut off either in services or by using a tweaker?

“A kind man benefits himself, but the cruel person brings trouble on himself.”—PROVERBS 11:17.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation with your brothers and sisters!


You can post now, and then we will take you to the membership application. If you are already a member, sign in now to post with your existing account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   1 member

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)