JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Jehovahs, Jennie-O Filming This Week - Tarrytown-Sleepy Hollow, NY Patch

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4358 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

By Krista Madsen

August 7, 2012

Jehovahs, Jennie-O Filming This Week

A religious educational video at the high school and a packaged meats commercial at the lighthouse will bring film crews to Sleepy Hollow this week and free breakfast sandwiches to the people on Saturday.

Sleepy Hollow will be full of camera crews this week for some unusual projects.

First, today on the steps of the Sleepy Hollow High School perhaps you noticed the bright lights of a some lights-camera-action going on. I stopped by to snoop and a suited man asked me, kindly, to delete the photo I had taken (from a distance) of the production crew. He told me they were filming an educational video for the Watch Tower organization, i.e. the Jehovah's Witnesses, and they didn't want to release any info on it until it was out.

Still, I'll sneak a photo in here and hope for the best.

Then, on Wednesday, we'll see more action at various hotspots around the village from the Old Dutch Church to the lighthouse. This is for a commercial for Jennie-O Turkey, the Hormel foods company who apparently wants to film people eating their packaged meats in our most picturesque and historic settings.

Any inconvenience you experience will be rewarded (if you eat packaged meat). Jennie-O is serving up free breakfast sandwiches to thank us for our hospitality on Saturday at 9 a.m. across from Village Hall.

From their "Village Appreciation Breakfast" press release:

As a “thank you” to the village for serving as the setting for its latest breakfast-focused television commercial, Jennie-O will give away 1,000 breakfast sandwiches made with JENNIE-O turkey bacon and turkey sausage.

The free breakfast event starts at 9 am on Saturday, Aug. 11, 2012, and will be held at the municipal parking lot across from Village Hall, 28 Beekman Ave., Sleepy Hollow, N.Y. One thousand free sandwiches will be available first come, first served. There is a limit of one meal per person while supplies last.

Article source: http://tarrytown.patch.com/articles/watch-tower-jennie-o-filming-this-week

In bold are the parts I thought were of interest. The brothers did not want to release any info on the video and this article has no info, except that there is a video under production and being filmed at that location.

• 2 weeks later...

This blogger doesn't know how to research. Shame on her lack of professionalism and seriously this article is a garbage in journalistic standard.

Modesty is not something we can simply define in a way that suits us.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean.