Jump to content
JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

TV Settings at Kingdom Hall


Recommended Posts

Our Kingdom Hall recently underwent a major renovation, and everything looks great. A few publishers have mentioned concerns about the TV displays, and I am not sure whether the TVs are new or whether their settings are predetermined by the Branch.

 

During the CO visit, we watched the Good News According to Jesus episode "This Is My Son," and it appeared that the TVs had motion smoothing enabled. This feature, sometimes called the "soap opera effect," makes video look unusually realistic rather than cinematic and can sometimes cause motion blur. I am particularly sensitive to this setting and find it difficult to watch videos when it is enabled because it can make me feel unwell.

 

In addition, several people have commented that the screens seem darker than what we had before. It seems these issues could likely be addressed through the TV picture settings, but I do not know whether congregations are permitted to make such adjustments.

 

Before I inquire further, does anyone know whether the TV settings are intended to remain as configured, or whether the congregation is allowed to adjust picture settings such as motion smoothing and brightness? I'm hoping adjustments are permitted, as otherwise I may need to avoid watching videos displayed on the screens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not aware of branch specific settings as TVs are generally a local purchase decision.  Most branch directions related to the computer and sound.

 

The first thing I do when I get a TV is turn off motion smoothing.  It usually only helps sports programming.

 

In fact, when I stay at hotels, I bring a universal remote with me so I can turn off motion smoothing lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation with your brothers and sisters!


You can post now, and then we will take you to the membership application. If you are already a member, sign in now to post with your existing account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)