JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

BBQ Chicken tacos with smoked onion sauce

I improvised and made these wonderful tacos for our karaoke night last night and they were a HUGE hit! They were extremely easy too. Get ready and try them this weekend. I just took a couple of roasted chickens (Sams or any grocer---or dare I say roast them yourself) and tear the meat off the bones--I then put all the chicken in a zip lock bag for later. Take about 4 -5 onions that you have carmelized from earlier and put them in a food processor or Vitamix blender along with however much Tobasco you see fit ( I used about 8-10 shakes) and put in 2 cups of sour cream, 1/2 tsp liquid smoke, 1 cup of butter milk, 1 tsp sugar (don't leave it out) about 1/8 cup worchestershire sauce and a pak of Ranch dressing--blend this into a sauce. I then took a bottle of KC Masterpiece (or your fav BBQ sauce) and some salsa, and don't forget to buy a large bag of Durkee French Fried Onions. Now take your griddle or skillet and put in 1 tsp of butter to coat the pan and place a 10 flour tortilla on it. Flip the tortilla after about 45-60 secs and the take the onion sauce and using a squirt bottle squirt a little on the tortilla, followed by a generous layer of cheese (I used a combo of pepper jack and colby grated) then put the chicken on one half of the tortilla and some chruncy onions on top of the chicken. Now squirt a little BBQ sauce and your salsa. Please let the cheese hang off the flour tortilla onto the sides of the pan so it will turn crisp (makes a cheese skirt around the edge of the tortilla) then fold the tortilla. Let the tortilla get nice and relly brown before removing it. Do not put to much of the sauces on it or it will not crispen like it should. This thing is AWESOME.

I wish we had a video clip of this young man eating it last night. The whole table of 8 were laughing so loud it made everyone get up and go over to watch him. It looked like his eyes were rolled back in his head and he just kept licking his fingers and and moaning saying this is the best thing he ever ate in his whole life. He reminded me of a little kid who is just a big mess but enjoying what they are eating so much. I even had people coming up and asking when they were going to be served again because they wanted to bring family and friends back for them.

Here is what you need:

A shredded roasted chicken

Bag of Durkee French Fried Onions

Grated cheese

The onion sauce (is what sets it apart--that and the crunchy onions)

Salsa

BBQ sauce

So easy! So good!

You can even add shreded lettuce and tomatoes but I was running out of everthing.

I hope you enjoy them

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!