JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Root Beer Float with a Brown Sugar Bacon Straw

I have been experimenting with some new cocktails to try at the bar. These are not all my ideas but I have a wonderful alcohol rep that sells to us and is always showing me the lastest things. I had not even heard of this one yet so I gave it a try. I will post the step by step photos later but am showing you the finished product now. It was crazy good!

142512=7830-2012-11-19-RumColaFloat_Baco This was made with A and W root beer and a shot of Raspberry Rum. The brown sugar bacon straw is a decadant treat which is also functional. You twist up a long piece of alumin foil in a skinny roll and lay it lenght wise a strip of bacon. Wrap the bacon securely around the foil then roll in brown sugar. Place on a foil lined cookie sheet and bake in the oven till crisp (thick cut bacon is about 25-30 mins. Remove and let it completely cool the hold GENTENLY and pull the foil out with a light twisting action. Add a small dip of ice cream (I only had vanilla) but I believe almond vanilla would be great. Then add your bacon stirrer! I am also got to try this with a antipasta Bloody Mary. Just let your mind run with the possibilites. A choclate wrapped bacon straw for Chocolate Martinis? This I will try!

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

What the..... that is totally awesome....... Have you a bar Leslie?

Did a course in cocktails and bar management many many moons ago never got a job from it but it was heaps fun.

Root beer is that like ginger beer or is it like cola.

I can't get my head around that one.bacon flavour with raspberry and ginger beer?????

I think the bloody Mary with the bacon straw is brilliant. mmm Oysters Kilpatrick with bloody Mary bacon straws mmmmmmmmmmmm

I would love to experiment with vegetables straws as well

The big craze over here at the moment is the revival of the 60's grasshopper . you make the cake then have the drink....... now food is mix and match.

Personally I don't like it.

I'm more of a long Island tea person these days it may be more of a short Island tea.