I would love to hear your take.

How'd all these sinners get here?

God must've made a mistake.

And why's everybody so quiet,

so somber - give me a clue.

Hush, child, He said, they're all in shock,

no one thought they'd be seeing you.

JUDGE NOT......

Remember...Just going to the kingdom hall doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car

God's laws test our obedience; his principals test the depth of our spirituality and our desire to please him. 2003 w 12/1 pg. 20 Image removed by sender. Image removed by sender.

Run on Rechargeable Batteries

Sunday I was tired,

"I sure could use a charge!"

I dragged myself to the meeting

And felt better, by and large

Tuesday I felt wimpy

"Just wish I could plug in!"

By the time the study was over,

My face wore a grin.

Thursday came and found me grumpy

"I've had a stressful day!"

We ate dinner and got dressed

And attended anyway.

Whenever it may happen

Whenever I hem and haw

I always come home feeling better

When I go to the Kingdom Hall!

I run on rechargeable batteries

And this world drains them dry.

But when they're recharged at the meeting

I feel like I can fly!

Stress may zap my energy

And emotions fray and frazzle

But after charging up at meetings,

I feel a spark and dazzle!

When I feel I can't continue

And my lights are growing dim

Just take me to the meeting

Don't forget to plug me in!

Jolt me with Jehovah's spirit

Through parts and association

I know I'll be filled up to the brim

Plugged in to the congregation!

Though alone I am a weak battery,

I can be recharged

And through these repeated bursts of power

My "up time" is enlarged!

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe we'll get some poets in here eventually and then open a Poetry forum down in the Special Interest section :-)

By the way, Darla, your avatar with the mirror is really really cool!

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Maybe we'll get some poets in here eventually and then open a Poetry forum down in the Special Interest section :-)

By the way, Darla, your avatar with the mirror is really really cool!

Yes there should be. It's so nice and encouraging to read these poems.

And thank you!

• 2 months later...

Little Wonders

Today I saw the yellow sun

Moving high above the trees

The morning birds sang their song

As the dewy grass brushed my feet

Today I saw a tiny rabbit

Hopping quickly through the grass

Flowers swaying in its wake

As it hurried to get past

Today I saw a fleeting spark

Shine in my little boy’s eyes

As he smiled and ran to play outside

I began to realize

Today I saw the strongest tree

Get knocked down in its prime

It gave way as the strong wind blew

Robbing it of its time

Today I saw that life is full

Of little wonders every day

But we rarely stop to notice

As they bloom then fade away

Today I saw that life is precious

Whether rabbit, child, or tree

We never know how long it will last

But we know it won’t always be

This one was written with my oldest son in mind. He has terminal cancer. Each moment with the ones we love should be precious.

THE LAST DAYS

1. In the beginning JEHOVAH, the GOD of Heaven and Earth purposed for mankind to be redeemed from suffering and death.

2. No longer would Satan make man obey, but JEHOVAH who's right it was, would receive obedience out of Love.

3. And so it was that JEHOVAH caused the Kingdom to come forth through his only begotten Son.

4. He it was who proved faithful from beginning to end.

5. At the proper time Christ Jesus was given all authority and sat down on JEHOVAH'S throne to judge and rule.

6. Obliteration for the Nations and the Great Prostitute, is what it would be.

7. Before these things occur, he brought forth from all the Earth, those whom He wanted to, for above and below.

8. For those who experienced that time, it was both glorious and difficult.

9. Their hearts would sing and rejoice, because they had seized the opportunity to live, while yet dying.

10. Many of those chosen to live with the King died, while millions began to live who would never die.

11. Their Faith moved mountains of problems out of the way so they could serve the Heavenly Father, JEHOVAH.

12. They put aside their former existence to dedicate themselves to do the commands of the True Authority.

13. Learning to speak the Pure Language they excitedly proclaimed the Truth to everyone.

14. As the Faithful and discreet Slave continued to obey the True Witness and King, a crowd of warriors dealt death with their words to the Wild Beast-like ones that refused to put on the White Robes of the Sheep.

15. And with their lips they slew billions that had only bad in their hearts all the time.

16. The Faithful and Discreet Slave have recorded the Account of all the faith of the Brothers. AH! A restful odor it became to JEHOVAH, because of the stench of the badness.

17. Love among the Brothers became the everyday watchword and understanding of it kept growing.

18. Man was created in JEHOVAH'S image and though imperfect, due to our first parents, did become healed in Spirit and Truth.

19. Blind ones began to see the Truth, deaf ones began to hear the Truth, dumb ones began to speak the Truth, lame ones began to walk in the way of the Truth and even dead ones came alive in the Truth.

20. As the dead ones of the world continued in death, those made alive by the Truth became more perfect in the Truth, each day.

21. They proved to be skilled in the use of the Sword and their reputation caused fear in the Man Of Lawlessness.

22. Even small children could kill with the sword.

23. Those taking the lead were diligent and courageous.

24. Day and night they would rescue and guard the Flock.

25. And many fine under-shepherds would show willingness and obedience, shunning worldly independence.

26. And JEHOVAH blessed the Son and his Organization, so that it became rich in Fellow Workers.

27. At times some might tire out, yet JEHOVAH would listen to their prayers and send his Holy Spirit to restore them to strength in the Truth.

28. Never did JEHOVAH abandon one of his that kept their Faith in Him as the One True GOD.

29. The beastly ones of the Earth continued to obey Satan, advancing from bad to worse, ruining our home more and more, as the end drew near.

30. Slowly wickedness became righteous in their eyes and righteousness became weakness until the more wicked became the strong. "The rule of the Jungle is what should be" they said; "the survival of the mightiest shall be the Authority and I shall be the King" was their demand.

31. This was the teaching of the god of their System.

32. As the Great Prostitute became ever more fickle and demanding of fine things, the Mighty ones begin to be irritated and see Her becoming Thirsty and weak.

33. Soon it would be, that those in Heaven and Earth would say "good riddance and we will not shed even one tear for you, you wicked Whore."

34. She would never be seen on Earth again. Amen!

35. The contrast between the Beastly ones and the Brothers became ever more obvious, as She began to lose favor.

36. Many saw Her for what she was and began to speak cleanness.

37. Many more than these rejected the White Robe as weak, believing the last great lie of the Wicked One, which is "there is no GOD! There is no GOD!"

38. These ones would be reserved for the Wrath of the One True Almighty GOD, whose name is JEHOVAH.

39. I; even I see these things happening around me and wonder with a great wonderment, because the Word of JEHOVAH keeps on being true.

40. And I have perceived that not one, not even one word of his has been left untrue from times indefinite to times indefinite, yes even forever.

41. And yet OH fathomless Nations YOU do not hear because you are deaf, YOU do not see because you are blind, YOU do not speak because you are dumb and YOU do not walk because you are lame.

42. Many say that the Leopard cannot change his spots, yet, I say to YOU that with JEHOVAH ALL things are possible.

43. Those who listen to the shout from the Tower will walk on the path of Truth.

44. Murders, imprisonments and sufferings, caused by the Nations who had relations with the Great Prostitute, angered JEHOVAH.

45. Because of the Faithful ones and out of consideration for his word, He stayed His hand, for the Proper Time.

46. Yet even the Faithful and Discreet Slave, knew not the Proper time, for JEHOVAH has held his own counsel, so that possibly only the SON and the 24 Elders knew the day and the hour by this time.

47. Just as the trees put forth leaves, in warning of spring, all who could see, knew the shortness of time.

48. Soon the last day of the Great Day of JEHOVAH'S Rest would dawn and all the Earth would finally enter into the Resting of JEHOVAH.

49. And the Earth must sigh a sigh of relief, for the Nations would become one Nation and the Peoples would become one people, with one King, one Rule, to times Indefinite.

50. The True and Inspired Scriptures were complete in those days and the Faithful and Discreet Slave read in them day and night, so that the Greater Jeremiah, could Prophesy continuously.

51. The Shout from the Tower grew louder and the End of the Broad road was told.

52. Not even one failed to hear JEHOVAH'S name.

53. A young boy cried for the King and was dedicated, because at a tender age he knew understanding.

54. In time he would hear the shout from the tower and learn the narrow path and the pure language.

55. A mother would teach her children, knowing that the gift she gave could not be equaled, and JEHOVAH would make her heart happy.

56. JEHOVAH the great Teacher took over the instruction of a man and brought him to a White Robe and his skill with the sword grew as he obeyed.

57. Some men would not hear with understanding and were exiled to live with the other dead ones, but a rich man came to know the real riches and see the real paradise and knew that the paradise that he had fell far short.

58. In those days many men worshiped pleasure and self, because they did not have knowledge.

59. Fear of man caused some to die, while Fear of JEHOVAH was a wellspring of Everlasting life.

60. And so it was, that the time of the Last Days, did Glorify JEHOVAH because just as it was told to one of the Joint Heirs, So it came to be.

61. The wise man saw the world through the window of the scriptures and was kept safe in JEHOVAH'S Arc, while the foolish man walked outside, at the time the door closed and could not return.

62. You too must learn from this, so as not to be lost when the wicked one is let loose, for your Brother, is He who tells you to obey JEHOVAH.

63. JEHOVAH, the father to the fatherless boy who cried, must be given all honor, all glory, all our love and worship.

64. It is to HIM alone that it belongs, for it is HE that has glorified the Son.

Today I saw that life is full

Of little wonders every day

But we rarely stop to notice

As they bloom then fade away

Thank you for sharing this. I really like this above portion. It was not until later in life I realized how much I was taking for granted, and that I needed to slow down. I still do from time to time.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I love this. Don't judge lest we be judged! We know nothing of anyone elses heart condition.

I was shocked, confused, bewildered,

as I entered paradise's door.

Not by the beauty of it all,

nor the lights or it's decor.

But it was the folks in paradise,

who made me sputter and gasp!

the thieves, the liars, the sinners,

the alcoholics and the trash.

There stood the kid from seventh grade,

who swiped my lunch money twice.

Next to him was my old neighbor,

who never said anything nice.

Herb, who I always thought

was crooked just to tell.

Was sitting pretty up on a chair,

looking so incredibly well.

I nudged a guy, what's the deal?

I would love to hear your take.

How'd all these sinners get here?

God must've made a mistake.

And why's everybody so quiet,

so somber - give me a clue.

Hush, child, He said, they're all in shock,

no one thought they'd be seeing you.

JUDGE NOT......

Remember...Just going to the kingdom hall doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in your garage makes you a car

God's laws test our obedience; his principals test the depth of our spirituality and our desire to please him. 2003 w 12/1 pg. 20 Image removed by sender. Image removed by sender.

Open Arms

Lift the veil so we can breathe

Let us see the shining sun

Open up your rusty gates

Give us shelter in your warmth

Pull us out of the heavy sand

And let us bathe in your cool springs

Lift the weight that bears us down

Give us space to spread our wings

Don’t leave us hiding in the dark

Where we choke fade to dust

Lift us out of the gloomy swamp

And let us melt in your embrace

Inspired by a combination of the psalmist and my current situation.