JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Witnessing to a Priest at Wendy's

I try to resist the urge to post unverified spectacular stories, but sometimes they are just too cute to pass up. - Bob

A J.W. WORKING AT WENDY'S

There was a sister who worked at Wendy's as an assistant manager. One day while she was working at the counter, a priest came in and she took his order. When the order was ready she said to him, "That will be $5.49 please sir."

He said, 'Excuse me?'

She repeated, 'That will be $5.49 please, sir'

He said 'You're mistaken! It's Father. You're supposed to call me Father.'

She told him 'The Bible says to call no man Father.'

He turned without saying another word, grabbed his order, and left.

The next day the priest returned and asked for her. The manager informed her that a priest was there to see her. She wondered what he wanted. When she went out, he asked 'Do you remember me from the other day?'

'Yes, I remember you.' She replied.

He said 'I want you to show me where in this Bible it says to call no man Father.' He handed her his Bible and she showed him Matthew 23:9. He said, ' I never knew that. Why do they call me Father?' They talked a little while and she told him if he would come back, she would give him a 'Knowledge' book. He came back on a Wednesday and she gave him the book. They talked a little while reading the book and having coffee.

On Friday he came in about 2:30pm and asked her 'Guess who came to my house this morning at 10:30am?' When she said she did not know, he told her 'Jehovah's Witnesses.' He had thought she had sent them but she did not know where he lived. They had just been going from house to house. He told her 'I started a Bible Study.' He felt what they said made sense and he had been thinking about the things he had been teaching as to whether they were scriptural.

Nearly a year went by before he returned to that Wendy's again to see her.

'How are you doing?' she asked.

'I was baptized as one of Jehovah's Witnesses last week. You can now call me brother.'

Some relatives of his are now studying too!

(unverified)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

It is a shame. The blind leading the blind, as Jesus would say.

My brother was going to school to be a preacher, and dropped out when he realized they were not teaching him a thing. For a while I thought there was hope for him because he was questioning the trinity, but now he seems to be back on that horse again.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

• 2 weeks later...