JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Parable of the Blind Boy - The Right Words Make a Difference!

A blind boy sat on the steps of a building with a hat on the ground by his feet. He was holding up a sign, which said: "I am blind, please help me." There were only but a few coins in the hat.

A man happened to be walking by. He took a few coins from his pocket and dropped them into the hat. He then took the boy's sign, turned it around, and wrote some words on it. He put the sign back so that everyone who walked by would see the new words that he had written. Soon the hat began to fill up as a lot more people were giving money to the blind boy.

That afternoon the man who had changed the sign came to see how things were going. The boy recognized the sound of his footsteps and asked, "Were you the one who changed my sign this morning? What did you write?"

The man said, "I only wrote the truth. I said the same thing you had said, but only in a different way. I wrote: 'Today is a beautiful day, but I cannot see it.'"

This is the moral of the story: Both signs told people that the boy was blind. But the 1st sign simply stated that fact, whereas the 2nd sign touched the peoples hearts and moved them to action. In our life saving ministry, do we express the truth in a way that touches peoples hearts, or do we just state the truth? We want to move people to love and worship our heavenly father Jehovah just as much as we do, and the words we use can make a real difference.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I think that is a good illustration. It makes one really think. It goes to

tell...it'sn ot what one say that can influence...it's the choice of words

used.

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 9:52 AM, cinnamonheart wrote:

> Wow. What a beautiful illustration.

>

> ----------------------------------------

> Subject: Re: Parable of the Blind Boy - The Right Words Make a Difference!

> Posted by cinnamonheart

> Link to topic:

> http://members.jwtalk.net/yhwh/read.php?10,18147,18152#msg-18152

> ----------------------------------------

>

>

--

We know what we left behind yesterday but we don't know what we'll leave

behind today...not until it's over.

Stay strong. Stand firm. We are one more day closer to Paradise.

Your sister in the faith.

Sandra from Virginia