JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Another JW Website Shutting Down

JWN, also known as Jehovah's Witness Newsblog, claims to be voluntarily closing down his site.

JWN is well known on Facebook, and because of the strange nature of his posts, he is often thought to be an apostate. The 3 groups and pages he administers, "Keep on the Watch", "JWC@fe", and "Jehovah's Witness FB Page" are usually littered with comments from opposers. Those who raise an eyebrow at him are often irritated by his pleas for donations.

But according to his new front page, he is calling it quits.

He claims to be doing so voluntarily, but some people in another group claim to know who he is, and that he has been in hot water over the donation and product marketing issue (he sells shirts and hats with tetragrams on them).

He might be being honest. He might not. I've seen other sites get letters from the Branch and then get so hot with anger they post them on their front pages with a bunch of slanderous remarks. So far, none of that is happening here.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

It's hard not to be skeptical with some of these people with JW info on a site. I don't know the person that runs it but I have read the blogs and YouTube. I think I canceled one of my subscriptions from this person. Can't be too cautious. Must make sure the info doesn't not conflict with JW official sites or that it is legitimate info from official sites. If the info is on JW media site and appears on an online news article, then I trust it but from a personal blog, it could be lies and distort true stories.

not disappointed at all. i believe that we should not have conflicts publicly. so much that is posted on those 'other' groups can be upsetting, not encouraging. it may seem that the groups were used for good, but even a little leaven ferments the whole lump! i really find this group a source of encouragement! thank you, brother angle, for a safe place to interact!