JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

your advice please for faster downloads

:wave: hi all  

interested in your recommendations for faster downloads (besides using a faster connection),

will this help? --> http://www.speedbit.com/

youtube videos [when they will play at all] play 20 seconds or so then stall or break up, love the Craig Chiquico video but its taking 12 min to download for a 4 min video...? anyone else have this problem?

also unable to view powerpoint videos in Files Library above, cannot see the Whales Video!  :cry:

suggestions appreciated!   :)o  thanks!

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

and Jehovah kept paying attention and listening..." ~ Malachi 3:16

thank you anyway! :)o

At that time those who fear Jehovah spoke with one another, each one with his companion,

This is the one I use, I forgot about it. Instead of trying to watch them while on line, I download them to my computer and save them. They play really good that way.

http://download.cnet.com/YouTube-Free-Downloader/3000-2071_4-75622342.html

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

also unable to view powerpoint videos in Files Library above, cannot see the Whales Video!  :cry:

I don't know how one could speed up downloads without a faster internet connection. Faster downloads require faster connection. Data coming into your home is like water flowing through a pipe. The speed depends on the size of the pipe.

As far as Power Point files, Microsoft provides a free Power Point Viewer at no charge.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

She is having an issue with being asked for a product code. number for the program, so the PP Viewer doesn't work.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Interesting. I would check to see if there are other Microsoft Office products installed. There might be the actual Power Point that came preinstalled on the PC from the store at the time of purchase. This might be causing the product code poppycock. 

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I'll let her know, thanks. I used to have a program that I liked better that viewed PP files but I can't remember which one. Maybe that free Open Office  or something like that. I liked it because I could change the pictures or copy them if I wanted them.

This should work....

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13

Or this....

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=6

Both those are from Microsoft. Which, by the way, I did have a "enter product code" issue. I deleted all Microsoft Office products off my computer and reinstalled it and now have no problems at all.

A couple other good ones are....

Open Office: http://www.openoffice.org/

.... and it's rebellious little sister....

Libre Office: http://www.libreoffice.org/

IT WORKS! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! THANKYOU! :thumbsup:

dear sister Vernalee  :kisscheek:  you are beautiful.   

Bob, you too.    :notworthy:

Interesting. I would check to see if there are other Microsoft Office products installed. There might be the actual Power Point that came preinstalled on the PC from the store at the time of purchase. This might be causing the product code poppycock. 

poppycock... lol  :lol2:

this was the problem, did as you said & uninstalled all office... then downloaded PP Viewer, no product code needed. Beautiful!  :ecstatic:

when opening a download that plays with PP Viewer, it will not play but instead gives a weird little boxed display of techy mumbo jumbo.

Only way for me to play PP videos is:   start --> all programs --> PPViewer--> PP downloads --> open video

is there a better way? 

I thought I was just clicking on the files, but I'll have to check again.

I know when I uninstalled the other Office stuff but tried to leave the viewer installed, it wouldn't open them. I had to uninstall the viewer and then reinstall it.

thank you Bob for your follow up... yes, I uninstalled ALL office and ALL powerpoint that were previously installed... Then download your link. Videos in Files Library now will play :backflip:    its just a l-o-n-g way to get there

also, still getting 'important updates' for microsoft office...?  :S    I rebooted after uninstalling... your thoughts on why getting updates for products no longer there? 

Nod32 <-- ('Mother')  doesn't like it when you don't download the updates   :tsk: