Jump to content
JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

former_member_n

Former Member
  • Posts

    1,029
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by former_member_n

  1. When the reunion comes, as it's approaching, invite us through zoom, for the brethren that are distant so we can share in your joy 😹 😹 😹
  2. Judas trusted in Jehovah but when it came time to prove it, he chose selfishness and materialism. Same with King Saul, and Hymenaeus too with Alexander his colleague. Jesus put trust in Jehovah and when it was time to prove it he took it in faith believing that even if he died Jehovah never lies. The widow of Zarephath put trust in Jehovah that she was ready to brave hunger since Jehovah cannot lie. Be the latter and not the former. How? By making sure that Joy, that comfortableness is not a one off affair. Jehovah has given you everything you need to be consistent and rebuild your family. Will you grab it? That's when you will really determine if you really trusted. See, the trials will come. What caused the separation will come again. It's like a parasite feeding on your family happiness. You are the one, you and sister, that will defeat it. Together. With Jehovah. Are you ready? The decisions you make, that statement that caused the separation, the angst, stress, they will come back. When both of you take the decision to make Jehovah win, then you don't have to do anything else. The organization, the Holy Spirit, the Bible, the elders, the brotherhood and even the angels they want your family to win. See how much help you have. When you and sister make use of this help you don't need to do anything else. Like Jehoshaphat, just stand still and see Jehovah in action. But you should be ready to prove your trust. That's your only contribution. We are all cheering you happy you both want to begin the process. Please don't stop and never give up.
  3. It can be done with JavaScript. Well you know better. Thanks 🙏
  4. Oh la la. What's an oven? Maybe have to do a Google search Sent from my moto g stylus 5G - 2024 using Tapatalk Oh la la ! What's an oven? Maybe have to do a Google search. Sent from my moto g stylus 5G - 2024 using Tapatalk
  5. I love this concept. If you could add a notification feature, that would be lovely too. Sent from my moto g stylus 5G - 2024 using Tapatalk
  6. Been meaning to learn baking. I know nothing about it but we have a microwave at home for months doing nothing. Does anyone know a site where I can practice basic baking skills like bread, etc until I become experienced. Please basic baking for now. Thanks [emoji120] Sent from my moto g stylus 5G - 2024 using Tapatalk
  7. Doing so now. But am from Nigeria although I have worked at Cus. Service with one or two American companies years ago.
  8. Permit me to digress. If you were angry at Jehovah, Jehovah understands it's normal. Like one shouldn't be ashamed to say, "oh am hungry." Being angry is a normal reaction when: 1. You don't understand why a situation persists that is not to your liking (see Habakuk) 2. Or you understand but you don't know why it's allowed to continue (first century Christians must have expressed that sentiment hence 2 Peter 3:15,16). 3. It's more painful when events seem to be out of your control (that's why Elijah ran away even after killing 70 prophets of Baal). And you have Jehovah, you know he's the Sovereign of the universe, the all powerful, most powerful that no one can ask him, "what have you been doing!?" That's ironic and contradictory. So Jehovah understands why we're angry if and when we say we're angry. Sincerely I have been in the past until I realized I am not the only one. Righteous servants of God in the past shared my sentiment. But what helped me get a balanced view of the situation. Just one word: Trust. Do I trust Jehovah is acting for my good even though I might not understand how? Do I trust Jehovah always does the right thing? Do I trust that Jehovah that Jehovah's love covers me, an imperfect ant, that does wrong once in a while who has no right to even be angry at such Holy of Holies? When I decided the definite answer was YES to all 3, tears came to my eyes. I realized it was my little perception of events or anxiety due to world conditions and mine. I learned to trust more. To believe the vision will not delay. It's panting towards its accomplishment. I just need to handover control to Jehovah and que sera sera. So it doesn't bother me anymore. Whether the mountains tumble into the sea, or the Sun misses a rotation for a second (forgotten who said that), I just seat at the back seat, knowing my driver is the best driver in the world. So I do my best and leave the rest into his arms. Just to share. Because we all love you. 🫶
  9. It's the distractions that surround us. So many today that we don't have time for quality things like listening to another human in a quality conversation. And so sorry if I may say so, you just committed the same crime you didn't like above. 😮‍💨
  10. In my case since we're either in the same congregation or nearby congregation inform everyone of the suspected hack and start a new group with a different number. So everyone has to be reapproved to join. That's safer.
  11. When I was younger I quarreled with the idea that Jehovah lets or allowed evil sometimes to happen. I have been thinking about it. Is it reasonable? Is it loving? Let me share my experience with you. Maybe my conclusion might not cover every case because of the complexity of life, but it might help you understand why it's the reasonable thing to do both from a human and divine standpoint. Scenario 1: You are in charge of 10 people. You have to care for everything they need to carry out a project. So imagine you have provided all the materials they need, the training they need and are paying them well. So which would be loving: Giving them the freedom to carry out their work unless they ask for help, or micromanaging every thing they do and it has to be vetoed by you? Which would be inconvenient for them? Which would be wise and fair? Scenario 2: Now extend that population to a million people and a thousand projects. You have provided everything they would need including training such that nothing would go wrong unless they disobey you. Which would be loving, or wise, or fair? Freedom within limits or micromanaging them? I know I am not covering every case. Because we still have mental health, sickness, and imperfections which it doesn't cover. But this scenario covers whether it would be reasonable for Jehovah to intervene in everything humans do. Or he would allow events sometimes to take their natural course. If I was Jehovah, which I don't hope to be, because of the enormous responsibility involved, but if, I would go for freedom within limits. One of my limits would be if an event would make any of my word come false and I cannot lie. For example, if the preaching work has to be preached all over the earth before the end, then I would intervene to stop anyone who desires to make that invalid. Or if I tell Satan to test Job and not take his life. Then I would intervene if Satan oversteps his side of the agreement by going after Jobs life. Why? Because these are principles on which the freedom within limits relies on. Just my 2 cents.
  12. >>He said Jehovah misses my grandpa’s thoughts. Not just his presence...not just his service...but his thoughts. I don’t know why that hit >>me the way it did, but it felt like someone reached inside my chest and pulled a cord I didn’t even realize was still connected. Because if >>Jehovah misses my grandpa’s thoughts, then Jehovah has been missing mine too...and that realization crushed me. For the first time in a >>while...I went home...fired up my computer, made myself a steaming hot cup of Maxwell House...and started doing some personal >>research. Waoh! That's profound. Jehovah missing our thoughts when we are dead. It's a profound truth which has always been there but on reading that verse, which says Jehovah discerns our thoughts while we are living... So if he misses our thoughts when we are dead, it shows a connection to Job which says Jehovah in fact yearns to bring his faithful ones back to life. Waoh! No wonder it hit you in a different way. It hit me like a Wow! moment. I learned one thing: Our thoughts are a shared relationship we have with Jehovah and no one else, unless we choose to share with others. And if Jehovah misses it, then surely he yearns to bring us to life in the resurrection so that relationship can continue. I wish I had an opportunity to share that with someone else in a way they can understand how valuable, cherished and loved we are by Jehovah even if and when we sleep in death. That's profound bro. Very profound. Thanks for sharing. Next time I happen to read Psalm 139 I would attempt to try it on the other lines, not just that line on discerning our thoughts while alive. Thanks for sharing.
  13. I think anything inappropriate in the physical world would be inappropriate with AI like copyright infringements.
  14. Shrewd is the one who foresees a potentially dangerous situation and conceals herself.
  15. Our heart reaches out to these ones. Will surely remember the brothers at Vermont in my prayer this morning. But, one thing I have knownis surpassing about our organization: Jehovah has always been good to us and knows how to provide comfort and provisions in times like this. Seems fire intends surpasing water as a major natural disaster these days. One can only wonder.
  16. Thanks. I think that was covered maybe implicitly or explicitly at one of the convention symposia. What you just added was: maybe when the seeds didn't bear fruit either we didn't realize the soil it was battling with, or the seed didn't realize it itself or the soil was too challenging for the seed. Those 3 can change maybe in the future when the conditions change. Thanks 🙏
  17. I just wanted to seek opinion on a matter and all the opinions have been insightful. Thanks everyone. I have a little more insight into why David expressed his awesome admiration for creation in Psalm 104:24,25. Thanks [emoji120] everyone. Sent from my moto g stylus 5G - 2024 using Tapatalk
  18. I think he said that along with people who loiter about. Sent from my moto g stylus 5G - 2024 using Tapatalk
  19. The opposite in fact Sent from my moto g stylus 5G - 2024 using Tapatalk
  20. There's a WT article on that. 2 or more weeks back. Go read it. My personal take: Gal. 6:5. Would you allow someone to carry your load of looking for a mate yourself? Remember you both are unique. What A loves in a woman might be what you don't like until you have personal communication with her then you judge for yourself during courtship. You can ask others what they think about a sister or that sister... Recommend is pushing responsibility. Ask what they think about her not that others/they recommend. Carry your load. Just my 2 cents. Sent from my moto g stylus 5G - 2024 using Tapatalk
  21. Yeah. That's the problem. It's because the unique way humans were created. A loves playing football and goes to the world cup. B plays for a season but stopped because he ended in a wheelchair. Does that mean playing football is the best career or a career to avoid? That's the uniqueness of the human situation why Jehovah decides to give us principles. That's why we are careful not to give counsel where personal choices are involved but would love others to have foresight into a situation especially if one has been there before. It's a balancing act. How to do it? Sent from my moto g stylus 5G - 2024 using Tapatalk
  22. Am not looking for counseling. That's the problem. I am trying to like help one appreciate the contrast between 2 actions. For example, if a father notices his son watching TV excessively and the father enjoys watching TV, if the father tells the son be careful of your TV watching what will the son do? Daddy you also watch TV. But what if the father knows the TV watching is becoming like a snare but because he watches TV the son would not realize it? That's the problem many authorities faced in regulating games, social media etc. It's like what an older experience person sees sitting down a young person might not climbing a tree but how to make one aware of it without it being a counsel. Just like a friendly word between friends. Or a humorous anecdote. That's what beats me. It's like walking a fine between not counseling one but making one aware of something. Okay a nice line I can remember: If you live in a glass house don't throw stones. It's not counseling anyone but someone living in a glass house if he picks up stones and remember that refrain would drop the stones or change location. It's the closest I can get in my head. Sent from my moto g stylus 5G - 2024 using Tapatalk
  23. No. Lives alone and far from parents. Second generation immigrants. Going towards 30ish I believe. Sent from my moto g stylus 5G - 2024 using Tapatalk
  24. Nice. Well done [emoji106] Sent from my moto g stylus 5G - 2024 using Tapatalk

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)