JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Morning-after pill handout causes rise in teenage sexual disease, study finds

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4844 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Morning-after pill handout causes rise in teenage sexual disease, study finds

A government scheme to give teenagers the morning-after pill free of charge at pharmacies in a bid to cut down on unwanted pregnancies has led to a rise in sexually transmitted diseases, research shows.

A study has found that the policy simply encouraged young people to have unprotected sex and had failed to cut down the number of under-age pregnancies.

Professors Sourafel Girma and David Paton of Nottingham University compared areas of England where the scheme was introduced with those where it was not or where it was implemented later.

They found that pregnancy rates for girls aged under 16 remained the same while the rates of sexually transmitted diseases increased by 12 per cent in those areas where the pill was available free from chemists.

Prof Paton said: “We find that offering the morning-after pill free of charge didn’t have the intended effect of cutting teenage pregnancies but did have the unfortunate side of effect of increasing sexually transmitted infections.

“By focusing on sexually transmitted infections, it allows us to test whether there is an impact on sexual risk-taking, and that seems to be the

implication.”

telegraph.co.uk

4 Let marriage be honorable among all, and the marriage bed be without defilement, for God will judge fornicators and adulterers. Hebrews 13:4

Young People Ask . . .

What’s Wrong With Premarital Sex?

http://www.watchtower.org/e/20040722a/article_01.htm

Morning-after pill handout causes rise in teenage sexual disease, study finds...

A study has found that the policy simply encouraged young people to have unprotected sex and had failed to cut down the number of under-age pregnancies.

Prof Paton said: “We find that offering the morning-after pill free of charge didn’t have the intended effect of cutting teenage pregnancies but did have the unfortunate side of effect of increasing sexually transmitted infections.

Well Duh!

Don't you love how the world has to have professionals come in and do a "study" just to confirm what should be ridiculously obvious and common sense?!?

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Things like this make me feel glad that I am not a parent or Grandparent in these days..It must be so hard for young ones to do the right thing. I am horrified by the way that authorities can go behind parent's backs and advise young teens wrongly.....

There's a vending machine for condoms in the highschool where I teach... its in the hallway (not even in the toilets). The first time I saw it I'm like... "huh?!"

I fear for our young ones in this system, I really do!

children today are given the morals of animals...it's just do what you feel.... and make a pretence of avoiding the consequences...

the liberal ideas of anything goes...always reap terrible results...eg

British children are languishing at the bottom of an international league table examining the physical and emotional well-being of youngsters in the world's wealthiest nations.......

Sex, drink & drugs

The UK easily outstripped all other countries when it came to bad and risky behaviour. British children were more likely to have been drunk or had sex than those of any other country. The UK also had the second highest teenage fertility rate. British teenagers were much more likely to be involved in a fight in the past 12 months than other nationalities and more likely to have been bullied.....