JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

ISIS Targeting the Pope Allegedly

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3525 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Interesting... everything is seriously in a downward spiral. If there is a threat of radicalized Americans and Brits. Who's to say they're not in Italy too and the rest of Europe? Definitely interesting to see how this turns out. Maybe it means nothing or maybe it does. But it sounds pretty serious.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/08/29/report-pope-francis-is-in-the-crosshairs-of-isis/

http://www.latintimes.com/isis-targeting-pope-francis-vatican-responds-alleged-threat-against-pontiff-205141

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 
¡Estoy aprendo español con Duolingo! | Lover of Ragdoll cats ❤️ Sammy & Toby

Boy the Latin Times is taking this really seriously despite the pope playing it down. I guess he feels if he doesn't respond (ie. give attention to) them they'll just go away and stop their terrorist acts. Not likely. 

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I thought is paragraph was interesting:

"I just want to be clear about what our strategy is. The president’s clear in that this strategy is one that’s not going to solve this problem overnight. But he’s also clear about the fact that our strategy can’t only be the American military,” White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest told CNN. “We have a comprehensive strategy for dealing with ISIL. One component of our broader strategy is the use of military force."

I heard this repeated on a seperate news report today by someone else - they keep saying that defeating ISIL is going to take several means - the military just being one of them. I would say this might open the door for the doing away with religion perhaps - without religion, what basis would ISIL have to terrorize and kill? It's all based on religion.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

After reading the second article, it makes me wonder if the Vatican is downplaying the danger ISIL threatens to them because they know what the UN may be prepared to do if this becomes a religious war.  By saying "The popes not in danger, we aren't taking it seriously", they are telling the UN to take the "religious" element of controlling ISIL off the table, especially since it would definitely affect them. 

If the government that surrounds your government is concerned. You probably should be concerned. But organizations like the Catholic Church think they've invincible. How can the mighty church fall? We'll never fall! Revelation 17 says otherwise guys! If ISIL sympathizers unearth themselves in Italy. He better hope he can make Vatican City do a holy disappearing act before the UN gets a hold of all of them.

I don't like to necessarily be open and speculate about the last days and the start of the GT. But with everything going on it doesn't even feel like the "Last Days" anymore. It feels like the last minutes of the final hours. As Jehovah's people we are "Keeping on the Watch". We're sitting there wide awake in expectation of it. We all can taste it...

Favorite Scriptures: Revelation 14:7 and Psalm 34:18 | Lost over 100 lbs following a whole food diet. 

"I sit a queen" - when the end of Babylon the Great occurs suddenly, she will be brimming with overconfidence.

/Very, very true! I think most of us forgot that when going over these news stories!!!!

"I sit a queen" - when the end of Babylon the Great occurs suddenly, she will be brimming with overconfidence.

Makes me think about AFV. Bob Saget says "The overconfident queen takes a hard tumble! Watch this... please catch the ending guys!"