JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW.ORG umbrellas

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3414 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

If you notice, the pin is "round" and "purple" - this is not the first time the purple version of the logo is/has been used (I do not want to spoil for anyone)

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

• 2 weeks later...

If you notice, the pin is "round" and "purple" - this is not the first time the purple version of the logo is/has been used (I do not want to spoil for anyone)

Hi John - can you explain that to me please? I think I missed something. What is it you don't want to spoil? and when was the round, purple version used? I feel clueless... :huh:

The Bee

Not to turn this into an "official" or not discussion, HOWEVER, I recently found out that the purple buttons (round) with JW.org were purchased by a few Bethelites at Brooklyn Bethel. The loving brothers and sisters bought them using their own monies so that they TOO could hand out gifts to international delegates, thus one reason why you may see other traveling brothers from the branch wearing similar pins.

So before the discussion gets out of hand over whether this or that is proper/official or otherwise, I wanted everyone to consider the spirit in which they were purchased and distributed.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

• 2 weeks later...

We just fed the pioneer school group...at which our CO and his wife and her visiting friend were all wearing JW.ORG pins. Though I must say I had to call our CO out on the fact that his was JW.  Org...not JW   .Org........

LOL

Bro Sanders (governing body) wore a JW.ORG pin on his suit all 3 days at our International convention and even on stage as he have his talks.

I can't tell you how many "gifts" or trinkets the brothers from all over the world had made with the JW.Org on them.

We just got the direction to put a large JW.org logo on out Kingdom Hall too.

There are brothers with huge booths at fairs and expos that serve as witnessing stations basically. Major JW.org branding all over.

Our coordinator just ordered Custom JW.org tract holders for us, the lapel pins were a smash hit and we wear them everywhere. We have done a lot of informal witnessing by wearing them and striking up convos.

I guess it kinda just goes by the intent. Is the purpose of the thing in line with gods will and our work? If so then it's a good thing.

If it detracts, that's another story.

Many of these thins we have to make our own personal decisions on until there's written direction.

If I can find a link to the sites I'll post it later.

Edited by trottigy

• 3 months later...

I really hope that this doesn't confuse people into thinking we're giving more importance to the organization and less importance to the Bible's message. But Jehovah is is making rapid changes to the organization. So I'll be obedient to those taking the lead. If a CO ask that we wear pins out in service I will do so knowing that it will make Jehovah happy.