JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Is marriage declining in the US?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4927 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

yeah I think so....it doesn't help that so many people think that it's okay to live together and the Gay stuff it's just unreal

my mom said she's starting to feel like Lot back in the day......

I may be tired and in pain :wheelchair: but I'll never   :surrender: to it just send some encouraging words or hugs  :kisscheek:  :encourage:  and I'll return the same   :kisscheek:  :encourage:

Three of 5 people said a same-sex couple with children was a family.

Egads!

This statistic is certainly just one of many that gives evidence of several bible prophecies being fulfilled. To disregard marriage, is to disregard the originator of marriage, Jehovah God.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

My question is this: for the worldly people, what's the purpose of getting married??? You're already living together, why get married? I could never understand that. Except if the husband has a rockin' last name, like mine :raspberry:. Or for tax reasons, then I might understand. But... what's the purpose? They are gonna end up splitting...

My question is this: for the worldly people, what's the purpose of getting married??? You're already living together, why get married? I could never understand that. Except if the husband has a rockin' last name, like mine :raspberry:. Or for tax reasons, then I might understand. But... what's the purpose? They are gonna end up splitting...

Isn't there something dubbed "the marriage penalty" when it comes to taxes?

Anyhow, we are still a conservative Christian nation, statistically, and so people still have the mindset that getting married is the proper thing to do. Plus, marriage carries the idea of commitment, which everyone wants out of their mate.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

On 11/21/2010 12:15 PM, thecorduroykid wrote:

> Is your last name really raspberry?

No. LOL!

The words you see in email appearing between 2 :colons: are transformed

into smiley graphics in the discussion forum online :-)

- Bob Angle Jr.

{posted via email}

Is your last name really raspberry?

LOL, sometimes I think mine is Banana.

The words you see in email appearing between 2 :colons: are transformed

into smiley graphics in the discussion forum online :-)

This is serious now, Micah's name is NOT Raspberry, LOL

You know, you are right on the money with that thought. I read the other day that marriage now has a 50% divorce rate and that a large percentage of women are having children without men in their lives.

Welcome Bert!

:welcome:

In my own family my father was married 4 times and my mom twice

with other boyfriends along the way.My sisters been living with her boyfriend 30 yrs,

longer than any of my parents marriages and longer than mine.

And when I was pregnant my doc told me "You know,your my only married patient."

In my own family my father was married 4 times and my mom twice

with other boyfriends along the way.My sisters been living with her boyfriend 30 yrs,

longer than any of my parents marriages and longer than mine.

And when I was pregnant my doc told me "You know,your my only married patient."

:eek:

I may be tired and in pain :wheelchair: but I'll never   :surrender: to it just send some encouraging words or hugs  :kisscheek:  :encourage:  and I'll return the same   :kisscheek:  :encourage: