JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Jailed for Collecting Rain Water

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3887 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2012/08/16/man-jailed-for-collecting-rainwater-in-illegal-reservoirs-on-his-property/

""Mr. Harrington has operated these three reservoirs in flagrant violation of Oregon law for more than a decade," the department's deputy director, Tom Paul, told the Medford Mail Tribune.  The state initially approved permits for Harrington's reservoirs in 2003, but reversed its decision.  "They issued me my permits. I had my permits in hand and they retracted them just arbitrarily, basically," Harrington told CNSNews.com. "They took them back and said, 'No, you can't have them.' 

"What we're after is compliance with Oregon water law, regardless of what the public thinks of Mr. Harrington," Paul told the Mail Tribune.

But they still prefer human rule as opposed to God's Kingdom  :nope:

Hi Lin,

Thanks for the article on the guys' water rights in his own back yard!  Am not surprised, I don't think any of us should be.  Big Government and State Governments make up their own rules.  They are a "law to themselves" with out any regard for other humans like them!   I feel bad for the man who built these ponds for his personal use, he hasn't harmed anyone.  He was sentenced over a stupid law that in 1925 no person living on their own property can hog water? How dumb!  The people who live in Oregon, can hog water in barrels, or pots and pans, in a bucket, (I didn't read about swimming pools) I wonder if that is against the 1925 ordinance?   So stupid, poor man, he said he's going to fight this.  I can hope he wins, but it already looks like a losing battle, unless other people on his facebook page, or his Website, he can stir up help along the way.  In the meantime, he's in going to jail for 30 days, and be fined $1,500.00, and then he has to have his ponds drained!  And I thought my State had dumb laws, this one beats most of them!

Just another example of Jehovah's warning coming true.  I find it absolutely amazing how Jehovah used the nation of Israel to demonstrate the folly of human rule separate from Him.  Mankind really does cry out because the the kings they've chosen for themselves.

(1 Samuel 8:11-18) . . .“This will become the rightful due of the king that will reign over YOU: YOUR sons he will take and put them as his in his chariots and among his horsemen, and some will have to run before his chariots; 12 and to appoint for himself chiefs over thousands and chiefs over fifties, and [some] to do his plowing and to reap his harvest and to make his war instruments and his chariot instruments. 13 And YOUR daughters he will take for ointment mixers and cooks and bakers. 14 And YOUR fields and YOUR vineyards and YOUR olive groves, the best ones, he will take and actually give to his servants. 15 And of YOUR fields of seed and of YOUR vineyards he will take the tenth, and he will certainly give [them] to his court officials and his servants. 16 And YOUR menservants and YOUR maidservants and YOUR best herds, and YOUR asses he will take, and he will have to use them for his work. 17 Of YOUR flocks he will take the tenth, and YOU yourselves will become his as servants. 18 And YOU will certainly cry out in that day by reason of YOUR king, whom YOU have chosen for yourselves, but Jehovah will not answer YOU in that day.

*** re chap. 32 p. 226 par. 12 God’s Anger Brought to a Finish ***
Those looked to as sunlike leaders would “scorch” mankind. This would be granted to the symbolic sun. In other words, Jehovah would allow this as part of his fiery judgment on mankind.

*** re chap. 32 p. 227 pars. 13-14 God’s Anger Brought to a Finish ***
In these last days, humanity has surely been exposed to a scorching “sun,” its unrighteous rulers. The pouring out of the fourth bowl of God’s anger has pinpointed these historic facts, and God’s people have proclaimed them throughout the earth.
14 Jehovah’s Witnesses have consistently taught that the only solution to mankind’s baffling problems is God’s Kingdom, through which Jehovah purposes to sanctify his name. (Psalm 83:4, 17, 18; Matthew 6:9, 10) Mankind, however, has as a whole turned a deaf ear to this solution...."

I am not in the least surprised in Medford's ruling. They have water issues there. The City of Medford was granted exclusive rights to the water. They claimed he was filching water from the rivers, but his ponds are rain water filled. All these facts were denied for the jury to hear so. Unjust? Absolutely.

http://www.urindependent.com/2012/08/water-storage-issue-heats-up-again/

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I may have previously posted briefly about this topic. While it is true that the collection of rainwater is an old law put in place to protect rivers and streams, there are a few states that are currently considering using that law by which to tax or penalize the collection of rainwater. This sounds just as silly as the EPA proposing to curtail greenhouse gasses/pollution by charging farmers a livestock gas tax (per cow, sheep or other farm animals) since it (EPA) claims that gas from livestock seriously contributes to global warming and blamed for a litany of human health problems. Farmers and ranchers were up-and-arms about this proposal and don’t know what ever happened with this proposed legislation - wondering if it just died since nothing more has been reported on the subject.

On another interesting note, there have been scientific research studies conducted by other countries that claim that kangaroos release very little to no methane... that cows/other livestock should be housed with kangaroos so that kangaroos can teach cows what and how to eat - reformulating the diet of livestock themselves in order to curtail the livestock emission of methane gas.

Hmm... there might be a solution to the cow gas problem: placing a catalytic converter on each end of the cow, pig, etc.  :lol: 

As for rainwater harvesting and if enough people make a big sink about it, hopefully states will soon change their laws. If not, "they" will continue to own the clouds.  :wacko:  In some parts of Texas they are making it illegal to drill water wells as well as installing city meters on existing private water wells. 

Where I live we are on public water- which I dislike very much being opposed to chlorine- a toxin- and fluoride- a poison- in my water. I have filters on a few of my systems but it's expensive. We also have a well in back. I wanted to put a pump on it to help with watering the garden but was warned by a few locals that if it got to be known I would be harassed by some of the folks in the Public Water Works. And not just a little badgering either, some folks have had threats against them. They aren't happy with us homeowners being a bit self sufficient, they say it takes money away from them. Well ya, but it's in my pocket. I knew a fellow years ago who went off the grid completely. He had the knowledge of how to do it and did a great job. He was so harassed by the Power and Light people, local Water Works and trash companies he had to move.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34