JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The BBC will devote nearly a whole day of Radio 4 to readings from the King James Bible to mark the 400th anniversary of its publication.

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 4905 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

The BBC will devote nearly a whole day of Radio 4 to readings from the King James Bible to mark the 400th anniversary of its publication.

20572=651-_King_James_Bible_1783690c.jpg Regular shows will be dropped from the schedule to make way for the readings, which will run from early morning till midnight. "The BBC is not being kind to Christians, but recognising the place of the Bible in the nation. "It has had an impact on our culture, our history and our language and it has helped to create our sense of who we are as a people." James Catford, chief executive of the Bible Society, said he was thrilled at the BBC's decision to clear so much time for the readings. "For the last four hundred years the King James Bible has been a source of inspiration for millions of people across the globe," he said. "This will enable listeners to hear this amazing book which still speaks to us today." A BBC spokesman said: "The King James Bible is generally accepted to have had a significant impact on our language, the arts and music. "A 400th anniversary is a rather special landmark, and we feel it is appropriate that the BBC sets aside part of one day's scheduling to mark such an event. extract from article http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/8196662/Secularists-attack-day-of-Bible-readings-on-Radio-4.html Wonder if that will prompt people to look at their Bibles?

I wonder if that will be one of those recordings they sell at Borders, like "James Earl Jones Reads the Bible" or something.

While it has certainly had it's impact on our culture, the language of the King James Version is almost completely confusing to the modern day English person.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

I wonder if that will be one of those recordings they sell at Borders, like "James Earl Jones Reads the Bible" or something.

While it has certainly had it's impact on our culture, the language of the King James Version is almost completely confusing to the modern day English person.

I agree, I just got back from a study and I allowed the study to use her king james version, then I would read what my version said.(NWT)

i'm thinking in the next couple of visits, she will be asking me for one of our versions ;-)

Visit my website: www.Hcgessentials.com

Growth Demands Change!

According to the KJV, God has the strength of a Unicorn...

"God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an unicorn." Numbers 23:22

Children should suffer...

"But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 19:14

And according to this...

Romans 3:5-8 "But if our unrighteousness commend the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unrighteous who taketh vengeance? (I speak as a man) God forbid: for then how shall God judge the world? For if the truth of God hath more abounded through my lie unto his glory; why yet am I also judged as a sinner? And not rather, (as we be slanderously reported, and as some affirm that we say,) Let us do evil, that good may come? whose damnation is just."

... The truth of God was spread through the lies of Paul, and evil works sometimes result in good, which he likes to call 'just damnation'.

Makes perfect sense, right? ;)

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!