JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

How is everyone in Colorado?!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3874 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Just saw the news and cried...All I could think about was the brothers and sisters. Hope you are all safe!

http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/13/us/flooding-colorado/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Wow, just saw this is also effecting other states like New Mexico! Hope everyone is okay!

Edited by cricket246

I live in a temporary reality- awaiting the day I wake up to life in the real world!

I saw the news yesterday and today on the floods in Colorado.  My thought exactly, our friends homes, businesses, and most of all the Kingdom Halls, in and around that area effected by the rains.  They said (on the news by people who live in the area) that they have never seen anything like, not in that area.   We can hope and pray for them, and too, there mighty be a few friends on here that may live in the surrounding areas where they can keep us abreast of the flooding and if anyone of our brothers were hurt, killed or homeless.  

I am watching the news as I type and thoughts are of course on the friends.  The news media is calling it a flood of biblical proportions.  Yesterday my focus was on the area as I placed the WT with the family on top of the cars!  Do not have the article in front of me...but the images speak volumes for our times today!  Keeping our brothers and sisters in prayers!

Got a reply from a friend that lives in Boulder City (or thereabouts) and she said that as of yesterday, no brothers or sisters have been injured or lost their lives.  Some have flooded basements/houses, but those things are no doubt of minor concern right now.  If this is true, then hopefully that doesn't change over the course of the next few days.