JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

party games

We've had fun playing this with groups. :)http://www.stoopsmanufacturing.com/ns/product/bible-characters-and-creatures-card-set/

"This set includes a card for each of over 100 Bible characters. Each card gives seven clues about the character whose name appears at the top. Additional cards relate to creatures and their significance or meaning. Used as a game, these cards can provide fun and learning for friends of all ages. Promotes family togetherness. Kids love this game while traveling. Suggestions for using the cards included, or you can devise your own rules and game procedure."

And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

I haven't had many parties for a while.. i like to make bible questions up using the Insight books & for kids the Bile Stories Book..

Say Something like this,,,,,Who was Isaiah's wife.... or I Went went Fishing & ended up fishing for Men?? Who were we??

Or for kids... I built an Ark?  

Some friends have Karaoke... Maybe you turn it into the New songs... :party:

Have fun..  :)o  :)o  :party:

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Invite someone over...new ones....unbelieving mates... older faithful couple....family with 3 well behaved kids. Here's a great ice breaker offered by the faithful slave last night. Ask each in a row, "how did you become a Witness?". Great experiences with lotsa laffs.

We had a get together last month and we were trying to think of games and activities.

I made little cards with the Bible book abbreviations on them and they had to put them in order. It wasn't so easy!

Then we had a game where beforehand we had written on slips of paper an account, like Jesus raising Lazarus from the dead, and the brother/sister had to act it out so we could guess it. Maybe that was like Charades?

Also, we put the names of people from the Bible on a paper, handed each brother a paper and they had to put themselves in chronological order from who lived first to who lived last. That was interesting. I got that idea from our recent book release that has the timeline in it, and from the fact that I realized that I didn't even know when Esther lived!

After that we played musical chairs, that is always a blast with lots of laughter!

Another game I thought of, but haven't tried, is to have two teams and have one team say a scripture, like John 17:3 and see if the other team can say the scripture or at least the idea of it. The point is to say scriptures we all know so that if the other team gets it right, your team gets a point. It's not a very competitive game, the point is just to remember scriptures and work together as a team. B)

• 2 weeks later...

Had my party. My apartment only has room for 8-10 people. I invited 7 and 6 came. We had lasagna, garlic toast, crab salad, and an assortment of desserts. We told experiences, especially about the funniest things that have happened. Mine was about when I was 11 and out in the door to door work by myself. I knocked on the door, which was open, just the screen door and a dark room. A voice called out "hello!" I answered "hello!" The old lady said "come in!" I explained I wasn't allowed to go in. She said "come in". I explained again. She said "Whatcha doin?" I gave my presentation. She said "come in!" I explained again, to no avail, she answered, "she said "hello!" I talked to that stupid bird for 20 minutes before the lady of the house came in from the backyard, laughing much to my chagrin. The only single sister there laughed. (fist pump)

Had my party. My apartment only has room for 8-10 people. I invited 7 and 6 came. We had lasagna, garlic toast, crab salad, and an assortment of desserts. We told experiences, especially about the funniest things that have happened. Mine was about when I was 11 and out in the door to door work by myself. I knocked on the door, which was open, just the screen door and a dark room. A voice called out "hello!" I answered "hello!" The old lady said "come in!" I explained I wasn't allowed to go in. She said "come in". I explained again. She said "Whatcha doin?" I gave my presentation. She said "come in!" I explained again, to no avail, she answered, "she said "hello!" I talked to that stupid bird for 20 minutes before the lady of the house came in from the backyard, laughing much to my chagrin. The only single sister there laughed. (fist pump)

Oh, that's hilarious! My family got quite a laugh out of that one. Thank you for sharing :)

And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.

I just had a game night at my house on November 8th... it turned out really well! I invited about 12 friends from my congregation, we played some card games and a game called cranium. Apples to Apples is a really fun game.. For my next game night which will probably be in February... Im thinking about ordering the "WHO SAID IT" and "WHO IS IT?" bible trivia games on www.madzay.com

http://www.madzay.com/category/For-Home