JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

IMAGINATION

Imagine that you are driving your car, and you are on a 300 km journey on a road you know is always busy. Imagine that you are alone and you have covered about 200 km but you have never seen any person or any car moving on that road. Can you 1. PROCEED with your journey? 2. GO BACK? or 3. Leave your car and RUN away?

Whoever, therefore, wants to be a friend of the world is constituting himself an enemy of God. (James 4:4)

Well I got on that journey to get to the destination - so I would keep going. Hey, I have already gone 200k

Perhaps curiosity to see what happened to all these people. There isn't any poison in the air - as I would see dead animals and people, but instead I see nothing - so it must still be safe to proceed.

Yep, I am still going the last 100k.

What do I find when I get there?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

If this happened to me, I would begin wondering if the road was closed and start thinking that maybe I missed the signs.  I would then pull over and call the police to make sure that the road wasn't closed.  Whether I turn around and go back or continue on to my destination depends on what the person on the other end of the phone tells me. 

I think I'd turn on the music and just keep going. I love driving and with no one on the road it would be an easy drive.

I think of driving thru the coast highway at night with the moon on the water :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is. 41:10 " I will fortify you. I will really help you. I will really keep fast hold of you with my right hand of righteousness. "

Many thanks brothers and sisters, this has only proved that different people, react to the same situation differently.

I don't have a specific answer/solution, but it was only an imagination meant to stimulate deep thinking. Any brother/sister with any imagination?

Whoever, therefore, wants to be a friend of the world is constituting himself an enemy of God. (James 4:4)

If this happened to me, I would begin wondering if the road was closed and start thinking that maybe I missed the signs.  I would then pull over and call the police to make sure that the road wasn't closed.  Whether I turn around and go back or continue on to my destination depends on what the person on the other end of the phone tells me. 

Then you realise that there is no one answering your calls?

It is not important where we serve nor in what capacity but, rather, whom we serve. MARKUS HARTLIEF

Never seen anyone on the road, driving either away from the destination, nor on the road heading to the same destination with me? I guess I would keep going.

If there were other cars heading in the same direction but none driving in the opposite lane AWAY from the destination all this time, then there might be something very wrong going on at the destination.

Hopefully, not the start of the zombie apocalypse :P

Although, the divine apocalypse would be most welcome :D

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

Abbyz, on 05 Dec 2013 - 08:37 AM, said:

Then you realise that there is no one answering your calls?

If no one is answering my calls, I'm going to start thinking that something's really wrong.  Could be a chemical spill ahead or behind me that killed everyone.  The best thing for me to do would be to stay where I'm at until I can get ahold of someone.  I decide to continue on my way, though, praying to Jehovah the entire time, because I'm afraid of the dark and I don't want to be sitting in my car on the side of the road after the sun goes down.  If I feel at all uneasy about my decision to go forward, I'm turning back.