JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Damien Hirst Paintings Stolen

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3795 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Two signed Damien Hirst art works stolen from Notting Hill Gallery

_71668349_b113-13pyroniny.jpgPyronin Y is the larger of the two and is worth £15,000

Two signed Damien Hirst works of art worth £33,000 have been stolen from a west London gallery four days after being displayed.

The pieces were taken from the Exhibitionist Gallery in Notting Hill in the early hours of Monday.

The stolen works, called Pyronin Y and Oleoylsarcosine, feature multi-coloured dots.

The Daily Mash has this to say:

Stolen Damien Hirst artworks 'easily replaced'
11-12-13
hirst425.jpg

A WEST London painter and decorator has offered to replace the two Damien Hirst artworks stolen from an art gallery. 

Norman Steele says he is the ideal person to create new versions of the two works because he keeps all his sample pots in his van.

He continued: “Circles of household paint in a regular pattern on a blank white canvas? I can get those done for you by lunchtime, and for less than £33,000.

“A lot less, if we’re talking cash in hand.”

Moved to "In the News"

This looks like the game Twister :-D

I have no idea what the value of £33,000 is, but I imagine it's up there. I don't understand why for a bunch of colored dots though.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!